From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 08:19:42 -0500
As a follow on to Rick's recommendation to use the printer to keep the ink
primed and the nozzles unclogged:  The dull colors are usually from dried
ink on the red *or other color nozzles* that are smearing over the wet ink
on the paper.  I have a routine that once a week I print a document that
consists of nothing other than 3 one inch wide color bars, pure yellow,
cyan, and red.  I constantly had my yellow cartridge clogging or not
printing before I started this procedure.  (I have an HP 1600 color as well
as a HP712C.)  Also I have found that the cartridge's own ink is one of the
best cleaners for the nozzles if you can get it started flowing.

Doug

At 2/6/00 05:09 PM , Rick Glazier wrote:

>Hi Mark,  I have that exact printer, and two friends have them.
>The people that use them the most have the least (or no) trouble.
>Mine "went out" on certain colors, and a new cartridge was "out"
>on different colors...  Numerous software cleanings and priming
>fixed it right up...  My best advise (after you get it running) is to
>USE it.  We run that one half the time now just to keep the ink fresh
>in the nozzles...  It does take quite a while to use up all the ink...
>BTW, I'm using driver ver 8.5 and don't have a clue if that is the
>newest...  It is an upgrade from the shipping version.
>                           Rick Glazier

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>