From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 16:46:35 -0800
> Correct.  We are "from" central Africa.  I believe
> that what was good for
> our early ancestors is good for us.  Our later
> ancestors have taken us far
> and wide.  Successive generations have adapted, to
> some degree, to the
> conditions in which they found themselves;

If a tribe is isolated enough, adaptations "could"
occur quite rapidly. For instance, if a food is
(potentially lethally) detrimental to only 1% of a
tribe, and if that 1% die out before producing
progeny, then it is quite possible the "bad" genes
would disappear from the isolated group completely. Of
course, this would be less likely to occur if there
exists even a small amount of trade/commerce with
other tribes.

I read a book some years ago that proposed a kind of
racial diet based on who your ancestors were and what
they ate. Seemed to have some sense at the time, and
the idea may have fueled some of the genetically
oriented diets like Abravanel's "Body Type Diet" and
the ER4YT diet.
http://im.yahoo.com