C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 08:11:40 EST
Somewhere on this planet, someone has developed a material strong enough to
be stiff and "breathe" too.  I'll bet NASA has the perfect material sitting
in a research and development closet that would serve this purpose.

I just wear my AFO for driving purposes so I only keep it on for a few hours
at a time when I'm out.  It keeps my right foot from jerking up and down so I
can be a safe driver.  But the minute I get in the house -- that baby comes
off.  When I get my hand controls installed in my van, I probably won't wear
it much anymore even though it does make it a little easier to walk -- I have
minor problems picking up my right foot.  You know, I tend to catch my foot
on cracks in the sidewalk and stuff like that.  It doesn't have the complex
design of some of yours that I've been reading about in the past few days.  I
still cuss at it as Trisha said though.

In a message dated 02/07/2000 7:10:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I think all braces should have air conditioning in them especially my hand
 and arm brace.  We tried thinking of ideas in PT one time but couldn't
 come up with a solution.  LOL

 Chester Worwa