BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Leeke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "lapsit exillas"
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 09:47:15 -0400
Well, I have been out-world-classed. The tallest columns I have worked on
were in Chatanooga, TN, at
Southern College. They measured only 52', staved wood construction, said to
be the largest wood columns east of the Mississippi River when they were
installed some 40 years ago. The bases were rotting away just 30 years after
installation. I trained the college's painting and cabinetmaking crew in
wood/epoxy repair and column stave replacement methods.

Your humble(d) column doctor,

john leeke