From:
Roxanne Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 18:51:17 -0800
I bought a spindle of Memorex single-write CD's a while back. They were
shiny on both sides, so I bought a CD label maker kit, and happily made
CD's, then made labels for them -- all sorts of colors and styles.

I just bought a new spindle of Memorex CD's, and found that these have the
writable surface on them. You know, where one side of the CD has ruled lines
on it, designed to be written on with a felt tip pen?

Question 1: Is there any quality difference between the shiny-on-both-sides
CD and the gold CD with one writeable surface?

Question 2: It looks like the CD with the writeable side cannot have a label
used on it -- the side with the writeable surface is not completely flat,
and since it has writing on it already, all that would show through a label.
Am I right that this type is only designed for writing on, not putting a
label on?

I'd appreciate any insights as to how others pick and use their blank CD's.

Roxanne Pierce
San Diego

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org