From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 11:45:02 -0700
> Isn't there some evidence that cancer rates are very
> high
> among chronic joggers?

That's a new one. Any truth to that? I would assume it
would also be true then of other endurance athletes -
soccer, basketball, etc.?

However, I can't agree with the assumption that
triathletes are "overworking" their bodies. I can
recall seeing a documentary about some African HG's
who literally ran everywhere they went. Out on the
hunt they may have run for 3 or 4 hours straight -
every day! It was amazing to me since I have NEVER
been able to run in a "cross country" fashion - I'm
more of a sprinter type (not fast enough to win many
races, though :)

I have a couple of marathoner friends, but they rely
on grains to provide their carbs. I'm not sure how the
HG's do it unless they have access to some very high
carb plants that we don't.