From:
Kendra_&_Karen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 20:55:09 -0600
During my first pregnancy I was advised to add Brewer's Yeast for
complete B-Vitamins and Blackstrap Molasses for calcium and iron.  At
the time I was trying to avoid prenatal supplements and tried to vary my
diet enough to get all of the nutrients needed but I must say it seems
to take a lot of food to do that.  I try to eat a balanced diet but was
curious if Brewer's Yeast and Blackstrap Molasses' benefits may indeed
be added to a Paleo diet, especially during pregnancy.  I am expecting
my second child and I know my midwife will again want to make sure I am
getting full nutrients and my diet is unfamiliar to her.  I want to make
sure I am getting folic acid and all the other necessaries.  If anyone
can comment on the Blackstrap Molasses and possible reasons to exclude
it, I would be very grateful.  I enjoyed the discussions about Brewer's
Yeast and have considered adding it back to my diet (although I can
barely swallow it).  I used to take 1 tablespoon BY and 2 tablespoons
BSM daily and had no adversities to them and a wonderful pregnancy.

Also, anything else Paleo that may help make this an easy pregnancy as
well or things I should avoid would be helpful.  So send the information
on, I enjoy the education from the list.

Kendra
NeanderTwin