From:
jlpresto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 22:34:55 +0900
Justin,

Whether or not people are intolerant of whey (which most in the world are, I
believe, statistically, by adulthood at least) , whey is nothing compared to
the casein in cow's milk.  That's one protein
best left for carpentry.  Noone can digest it xcept calves.

I do think a paleo diet is the best diet for everyone, because by
eliminating the foods we werent meant to eat, we are not only eliminating
what is toxic to us biologically, but also foods (like casein) which
interfere with the bioavailability of other nutrients we ingest.  If you
look at all the deaths from immunodeficiency disorders, and people even on
this list who came here because we got sick, and how that has made us
healthy just by eliminating non-paleo foods, then maybe you can look long
term down the line when someone gets MS "mysteriously" or osteoporosis or
even  alzheimers or something, and each of these are correlated with
non-paleo diets, you might re-question your theory.

There is not a non-paleo gene that evolves.  You have to look at the
digestive system of birds and stuff compared to their brain size, and many
other animals--think about neotony, and the encephalization theory how our
brains are only big at the expense of our digestive system, and other stuff
people are writing about on this list, and look into that, and I think you
will see after some serious study that NO h. sapients can live healthy on a
non-paleo diet.

Personally, I don't believe people are evolving at all.   What we are meant
to eat is already decided, its no longer up for genetic change.  We are not
an isolated population anywhere to evolve genetically.  Our guts are small
and we can't do grains and beans and whey and casein.

Judith