CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tony Abdo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 12:54:11 -0600
Tresy writes about his great dissatisfaction with "leftie fora" who only
see bad, bad,  bad.....

<In fact, I could even go so far as to suggest that your quote
illustrates the Chomsky model in reverse, that is, applied to leftie
fora like this list. Here any accusation against the US Great Satan, no
matter who ludicrous, is accepted uncritically by nearly everyone, while
any whiff of a suggestion that our side is not self-evidently right is
met with harrumphs and putdowns.>

Tresy, you are absolutely right, a lot of us on this list do see the US
as The Great Satan.     In fact, your derisive use of this term comes
from the days of the overthrow of the Shah of Iran.     Were Iranians
wrong also, in seeing the US as The Great Satan?

What are all the things you love so much about the US?     You love the
medical system,  "the safety net", and the "right-to-bomb" the living
daylights out of people halfway around the globe.    Are there any other
things that us "leftie fora" have done injustly to poor ol' Uncle Sam,
in your humble opinion?      Besides our simple lack of appreciation for
not realizing how good we have it, here at home?

Please inform us if so, so that we can correct in advance our difficient
love for the Patria.     And lack of respect, too.

By God, somebody's got to come on these lists and straighten us
uninformed people out.     Praise the Lord for your vision.

Tony