C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cindy Bushnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 22:49:52 -0800
Hi All,

Okay, so I have to brag.  My family would have no use
for this information, so I thought you would all
appritiate it or at least understand why I am so
thrilled.  As you probably know Lizzy Jo turned 2 Jan.
8th.  She has mild spastic CP.  She crawls, walks with
a walker, and untill now sat up only with support
against her back.  Now for the exciting part:
She was laying on the floor on her back ( her usual
position of preference) tonight and wanted to sit up,
I told her she'd have to wait as I was trying to get
her year old sister Stephanie to sleep.  Well, I'll be
darned if she didn't try to set her self up on the
floor and after about 5 tries SHE DID IT BY HERSELF!!!
 I cried tears I was so excited for her!!  We have
been working in therapy on this exclusively probably a
good 6 months and she just couldn't do it, had no use
to do it, or what ever.  As a matter in fact, today
was therapy day and as usual, we worked and she
couldn't do it.  Thank Goodness she has a strong
will(although that does work against us at
times)what's really funny she is a bit of a
perfectionist also, and does not usually work on
things that she is going to fail at in front of
people.  So maybe now you can understand my
excitement, not only did she reach this BIG milestone
for her, but that she allowed me to be a part of
seeing it.
As I casually mentioned before my family has no use
for this information.  They do not understand (nor do
they want too) what a very big milestone this is for
Lizzy and us as her parents.  This comes at a very
good time, as my own faith in what we were told about
what Lizzy would be able to do was dwendaling.  Just
proves to me never give up!!!

Love to all     Cindy Bushnell and Lizzy Jo
http://im.yahoo.com