BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chapel of the unPowered nailers.
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 17:30:25 EST
In a message dated 1/19/2001 4:33:56 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< "4. Do not use torches for soldering copper. For lead, use torch with only
 the smallest size tip. The gases for the torch shall be hydrogen and oxygen
 only. Extreme care shall be taken to avoid burning through or reducing the
 thickness of lead." >>

Why do I have the feeling that I know the specifier?

And which non-flammable gases does ARWNY prefer to use for soldering copper?
I am certain that the specifier would consider alternatives, under the means
and methods theory.

Or do you prefer to obtain heat the old fashioned way, in a brazier?

Ralph