BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 22:27:29 -0500
At some point in explaining to my 8th grade math teacher why the students were
boycotting the "hot lunch" (sort of a rolling boycot that was extraordinary in
concept if not in execution) I stated that the food was lousey...and the
portions were too small.

Mr. Greco laughed and pointed out the apparent contradiction...I got it.  But
I was not up to the challenge of explaining to a math teacher how
contradictory evidence does not require that one set of data be wrong.

So, I think the congressman's choice of explanation is unfortunate...but
humorous.  Surely it may be a hardship for some to replace four tires
immediately...those things are expensive...and those poor people may have
already maxed out their plastic.  Yep, that's a tear in my eye.

-jc