BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Met History <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks." -- Mary D
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 14:23:36 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I don't understand the question. Do any of these porches have walls?  >>

Sure they do.  Nice, solid copper ones - solid copper screens, that is, floor
to ceiling.  Even a modest windy rain sprays water 4 feet in, then it ponds,
the wind blows the ponds in even farther.  (Father-in-law sort of forgot
about slope, apparently.  That darned Gropius guy!)  He also put the
perimeter weepholes (horizontal) in about 1/2' above the surface.  But
they're brass tubed, and very nicely detailed.

Sign me, I don't care what happens in the winter.