BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks." -- Mary D
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 12:45:16 EDT
In a message dated 8/1/2000 12:22:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< When I was a kid, and now I mean a toddler, I used to convince my mother to
 stop at construction sites in the nabe -- Harvard Square, Cambridge, our
 fair city, Ma. And, much to her chagrin, would exclaim "Fruck, Fruck"
 everytime I saw a dump truck, bulldozer, loader, and other piece of big
 equipment. Little did she know at the time I was fully versed in the
 technical lingo of the bidness.... >>

A contractor friend of mine said that as he was driving along the turnpike
with his wife and little kids once, one of the little buggers would scream
"DUMB FUCK" every few minutes. Finally the wife couldn't stand it any more
and gave the father hell for teaching her little darling such coarse language
and describing other drivers so crudely.  The father couldn't deny having
made similar comments from time to time when the kid was in the car, and felt
bad.  Then he noticed that every time the kid yelled "DUMB FUCK!" one of
those large vehicles passed them......

Ralph