BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "lapsit exillas"
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 17:57:29 EDT
In a message dated 5/11/2000 2:04:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< It may be that my Christians are not devout enough, but I have not yet
 attended a wedding reception where half the crowd did not get soused.  >>

][<en,

My point was that there is theoretically less drinking at a wedding ceremony
than at a bar mitzvah reception, but the way this was (almost) worded made it
sound like the prohibition was religious rather than alcoholic.  Which of cour
se was not what they meant, oh no, and thank you Mr. First Ever Hebrew Member
of our Board in 20 years Overseeing a municipally owned Property for pointing
that out.....

Which reminds me that one of the Boys in Arch school got married just before
we graduated, and invited a bunch of us classmates and a few selected
teachers to the festivities.  Well, it turned out that the gentleman was of
the 7th Day Adventist Persuasion, and when the rest of us next assembled in
class, our structures teacher, a gentleman from Iran, pointed out that he had
attended Persian funerals that were more fun.

All right, so I'm a bigot, too.  But your 7th Day Adv weddings are welcome at
the High and Dry Reeves-Reed Arboretum!

Ralph