BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Heidi Harendza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "lapsit exillas"
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 10:08:04 EDT
In a message dated 05/10/2000 2:34:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Any Heritage Gardeners on BP ?   Does anyone here include relevant stylistic
>  landscape work along with the architecture ?

I try. I've done some research and reading on early American/east coast
landscape. Unfortunately our landscape committee aesthetically prefers 20th
century suburban to 18th century farm, so we often have disagreements about
the planting scheme.

My problem is further complicated by the fact that our site was moved in
1973, and no archeological work was ever done, so we're basically reduced to
looking at old pictures (and there aren't many of those) and asking family
members about the layout of the farm.

Ironically the farm was included in two aerial photographic studies of the
county in the 1920s and 1930s. Unfortundately the farm lay just on the border
between one town and the other, and the slice of photograph where the farm
would have appeared is missing from the archives. In the other series, a
cloud formation obscures the farm from view. Personally I think it's a
conspiracy.

The truth is out there.

-Heidi