BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Callahan's Preservationeers"
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 20:30:37 EDT
In a message dated 4/27/2000 8:02:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< What
 is this about Frank Ghery (SP?) designing the new NY Guggenheim to look like
 two titanium donuts on stilts? >>

][<en, ][<en, ][<en.

First of all, it's Gehry.  (Seems to me he was ne' something else, too,
though, but I shan't rag on him for that).

Second of all, I don't see how you get two titanium doughnuts out of all
that.  Looks more like a collision of two titanium doughnut universes,
subsequently run over by my high school drafting teacher's proverbial Mack
truck.    Then they put it on stilts, probably to keep it out of the water.

Look at that-- no verbal crudity was employed in the composition of this
email. there's a first for me.

Ralph

AKA"Sweetness" to our former colleague, Mr. Foster of Defective Memory