BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Callahan's Preservationeers"
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 14:06:34 -0400

Another extraordinary sudden city view is the approach to Pittsburgh from
the west (airport).  The highway enters a tunnel, and when you leave the
tunnel, you are 3/4 up the bluff (a very very tall bluff, kinda a bit like
the mountainside) overlooking the Three Rivers confluence, and the urban
center spread out before you.  Even more dramatic at night under city
lights.
Dan Becker,  Exec. Dir.,          "Help me, Mr. Wizard!  I don't
Raleigh Historic                        want to be here anymore!"
Districts Commission                             - Tooter the Turtle