BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Callahan's Preservationeers"
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 22:17:58 -0700
Now ladies and genmen, I ain't no ARK-E-TECK and I ain't never built
much of nothin' but I can sure tell you an 8 foot long porch ain't a
porch, IT'S A STOOP, least that's what we call 'em up heah.

There's a house in Chester, VT that my gramma always used to say had
a Queen Anne front and a Mary Jane back, meaning that the fancy
detail only was on the front part of the house and it was plain with
no scroll work on the back.  Our house has fancier trim downstairs
than up and the upstairs trim is painted while the downstairs is
varnish or something.  The wood down here is oak and is suspect the
upstairs is pine or similar.  Ruth

--
Ruth Barton
Westminster, VT