BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Callahan's Preservationeers"
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 17:06:12 EDT
In a message dated 4/21/2000 12:00:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Morgenstern >>

Is this "Morgenstern" business for real (ala Marjorie Morningstar; and one of
my previous Mortal Enemies, one Mr. Black [ne' Schwartz, who didn't want his
children to grow up with the stigma of a Jewish name, and therefore changed
his name to Black; oddly enough, he didn't seem to consider the effect on his
children of growing up with his personality])?

I knew/heard that 1) his vertical motion, career-wise, was largely the result
of having married a Gimbel heiress [or consorted with an heir?], and that 2)
his first commission arose from an agreement under which the Owner agreed to
build [and maybe even furnish] the house the way The Architect had designed
it, in exchange for which The Architect would forego the fee.

All sounds extremely professional to me.

Ralph (ne' Ralph)