BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"J.A. Drew Diaz" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 10:05:49 -0500
Ian Evans wrote:

> Dear BP-ers,
>
> Part of the downside of having a website about old houses is getting questions from people which I can't answer. This is one of them. Anyone out there know what 'beaver board' is? You'll get the credit when I pass on the answer ...(just assuming there is one).
> And what should she do about it?
>
>      Can you please tell me exactly what beaver board is? This material is
>      what my walls are made of and I was told that it was used for a short while
>      before sheet rock. I personally find it next to impossible to paint, or clean.
>      If someone can help me I would appreciate it.
>
>      Regards
>      Lisa
>
>      at [log in to unmask]

I believe that it is a material akin to "Masonic' both in color & texture-
@ one time Stanley sold planes specific to this material,
router planes if memory serves me correctly that were to give it that
T & G look....

Not to be confused w/ the board of Beaver State College of Pa..
which is evidently contemplating renaming the school as graduates are
having some trouble getting taken seriously..

DD