BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Mascaro <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 00:49:00 EST
>Maybe in my old(er) age I won't put up with 60 to 65 degree living spaces in
the winter and be even more tempted to insulate the hell out of the place
(and pass the
problem on to the next generation?!).>

Rev - When it's time to insulate (guess you'll drill into the stud bays and
blow-in chopped fiberglass), vapor-prep the interior and you won't have any
problems to pass on.  Caulk the baseboards tight at the floor and at the
plaster.  Repair any holes or cracks in the plaster, apply a vapor barrier
primer and re-paint.  I finally did this a few years ago to my 1894
clapboard-clad Victorian (25 years after I insulated and put up with peeling
siding thereafter) and now all's fine.

John Mascaro