BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Barbara Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 17:31:24 -0600
At 08:54 AM 1/14/2000 -0500, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>Is this carrying preservation too far?

Target?  Carry preservation too far?  As a Minneapolitan, I must admit that
I am ashamed of Target's "preservation" strategies thus far, and am sure
this latest scam has nothing to do with "preservation" and much more to do
with their pocket book!  Target has torn down several blocks of historic
buildings in downtown Minneapolis just to have blocky offices built in
their place.  Although I wish I had seen Graves' scaffold in place in DC, I
nearly lost my lunch when I heard it may be coming to Mpls!!!  What will
Target do next, tear down the Foshay Tower so that the scaffold can be
re-built there? The Foshay was Minneapolis's first "skyscraper" and you
can't help but notice the shape; check out
http://www.lileks.com/mpls/foshay/index.html (and the rest of James Lileks
page for a quick peak at Minneapolis)  And as for the tourists, I agree
with ][<en -- send me your zappers, I'll take care of them!!!!

Sign me, an irate Churchmouse!