BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 08:46:43 -0500
I would be interested to know how many people on this list have first hand
experience with the big three:  Jahn, Edison and Keim and on how many types
of substrate.
For me, all three and on brownstone, sandstone, precast cementicious panels
and terra cotta.
In general: all are sensitive to weather conditions, and in particular, the
sensitivity increases with variance to the point of failure.  All are
excellent products in the right hands.  All are different to the point of
having strengths and weaknesses for any given existing conditions.

    That being said I would like to add not just the why's of failure are
important, but also the "what do you want it to do when complete".  In this
regard I have to agree with Pat, the variables are too numerous to give
accurate responses without being "in the loop" of the project before during
and after and many years after.  My experience has been, that to bring an
outside manufacturer or consultant up to speed on a project, one needs
between one and four hours of discussion about the particulars to allow for
original or valuable input.

Have to go....

Best,
Leland