From:
Susan Hays <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 22:09:16 EST
In a message dated 03/26/2000 9:01:11 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Not to be argumentative, but I've had more stability with
 > Win98-SE.  I know
 > you qualified your statement as to reliability w/ W95II, but I
 > think we all
 > have to realize that each of us may experience the different "faces" of
 > Windows.

         I myself have used and installed win95 (and A with the update),
win95B
 (haven't installed win95C), win98 and win98SE. Of all of them, Win98 and SE
 was the easiest to install, however win95B was the least resource hungry and
 stable. If you run sysmon you can see the memory allocation, usually on a
 clean boot win95B is around 60MB (sometimes less), win98 is often above
 100MB. This is mostly due to the integration of IE, AFAIK. To each his own I
 suppose, but I still recommend win95B to anybody who doesn't care about USB.
 If you want USB win98 is your only choice (win95C does have USB support, but
 it never worked well). As you said, each of us experiences differing
 behaviour with respect to Windows, the previous has been mine.

 > And- a question I've been wanting to ask-- what does "TTYL" mean? :)

         Type (or Talk) To You Later. TTYL :)

I did uninstall Windows 98SE.  A fairly timely process, but it is done.  I
have now reinstalled Windows 95.  How can I found out what version of Windows
95 I have installed?  Windows 98SE was installed by mistake in the first
place.  My teacher has been used to using Windows 95 and I didn't want her to
have to learn something new, plus the fact that it wasn't necessary.  I
needed to reinstall Windows 95 because less space is required and less speed.
 In addition, she has an old machine.  Windows 95 is just the best operating
system for her to use at the present time.

Susan Hays

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html