Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 22:54:52 +1100
There are number of test reports available, they show that none of RAM boost
program can help. I strongly recommend you remove it from your system.

If you are runnig in short harddisk space, and you have no plan to add another
harddisk, then you should install DriveSpace to increase usable space on your
harddisk, however, this compression will slow down your system.

Install RAM yourself is a fairly easy task, you only need to locate empty RAM
slot and plug RAM chip in, just be sure that RAM is in its place probably (you
should see the chip is locked - there should be a lock at each end of RAM
slot). You can also ask the place where you buy RAM to install for you, they
should do it for free.

Jun Qian

Lynn wrote:

> In just the past week I have noticed a major slowing of my computer. The
> only program that I have recently installed is Eudora 4.3 which I wish I'd
> never done and Ram Booster. Now the computer takes forever to move from one
> email message and the next one. But it is also slowing my Internet web page
> how do you know if the slowing is because I need more Ram or hard disk
> space. I have purchased Microsoft Plus! but I didn't install DriveSpace3. I
> have no idea what would happen if I compressed the C drive. Can someone
> explain the pros and cons of this procedure. I've heard compressing the
> hard disk also slows the computer. At this time I don't have the funds to
> upgrade on Ram just now. I'm running a Gateway P5-100 with 16 MB Ram and
> one ole Pentium. Is it very difficult to install more memory yourself?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html