Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Richard T." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 21:31:50 -0500
Yup!! Had the same issue with a DEC 166 desktop.Assuming you're running win 95.
First..when you uninstalled McAfee..did you use their uninstall program? better
if you did, but more important, when you installed Snortin' Norton.. did you
close out ALL background programs.. not just the ones in your icon tray? I
didnt..what you may want to try is to uninstall Norton.. re-boot (you may want
to do it all in safe mode, by hitting F8 right before windows starts) use their
uninstaller. Re-boot  in regular mode and close out everything but explorer by
the control-alt-delete method, then re-install the software. I don't know if
this works for win3.0/1, etc.
This worked just fine for me.
Good luck soldier!
Richard Tabas
Philly, Pa

"it's a Pentium 125.

> I removed McAfee virus scan and replaced it with Norton Antivirus.  Now it
> hangs for an average of 10 minutes or more when booted...sometimes just
> hangs, period, until shut down.
>
> Any ideas?  And how can it be fixed if I can't get it to boot!

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html