C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"I. Stephen Margolis" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 00:58:54 -0500
Cindy*:

I don't see the distinction with labels.  You write: "Lizzy Jo is not
considered bad enough to be actually labeled CP."  What does "severity"
have to do with the existence of Lizzy Jo's CP?

"Mild spastic hemi with motor delays..."--sure reads like CP.

Does the Doctor give the basis for the diagnosis?  If not brain damage,
then what?  How do you know what your treating?

Bad enough her father makes enough money that you don't qualify for a
lot of programs.  Seems like you've got to do more
stretching exercises.

Hope you find more assistance and relief.  And a more useful diagnosis.

ISM

Date:    Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:29:43 -0500
From:    Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>

Cindy,

        Surely there is someway for you to get respite care for Lizzy
Jo.
You might try some of your general community agencies or church's.

Just a thought

Bobby

Date:    Tue, 11 Jan 2000 17:56:25 EST
From:    Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>

seems like you might try finding a dr who'll give the diagnosis of cp
and
then show that to the agencies.

m.

End of C-PALSY Digest - 10 Jan 2000 to 11 Jan 2000 (#2000-12)