BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

BP - "Astral Rendered Bee Wax -TM"
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 09:11:15 -0400
I have read several statements promoting the repair of old wood
windows, especially for governmental and institutional clients, where
the life cycle cost clearly showed competitive and even favorable
comparison over new aluminum systems.  This was especially clear
considering the limited life of sealed glazing systems that
eventually fail.

The Great Gray came up with dollar comparison in his weekend article.
Is there more hard data useful to convince a (school) client?  I
remember about a year and a half ago we BP'ers debated it, and even
my strong representation of those convincing arguments didn't
persuade my Village elders for application on the Municipal
building..."We just aren't going to spend a dime on maintenance of
these things."  Appearance and esthetics aside.

Hard data for life cycle cost?

The Rev.: Looking for chapter and verse.