From:
Yui Shin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 15:21:15 -0800
Hi Jerry,
   Have you tried different dics media, especially brands
that indicate a speed rating ? I have an internal IDE
Ricoh 4x/4x/20x which fills a 650MB Kodak CD-R in
18 min. flat to share with others, but I do not touch the
computer during the process and powersave disabled.
Anyway just my input because I know how miserable
 it is to burn at 1x.

Hi Michael,
   I personally think the HP's are better built than the
Ricoh's based on internal components, but my Ricoh
CD-RW has worked flawless. Like Jerry I've experienced
some speed issues with my older HP CD-R; which was
later corrected by using better media and freeing some hard
drive space.

1 vote for Ricoh -yui shin