From:
"Mark C. Barron" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 07:24:39 -0700
At 05:54 5/15/2000 , you wrote:
>I was just about to re-post. I isolated the problem last night even further.
>It IS the McAfee Vshield! It seems that once the .DAT updates are completed
>to version .4077, the system absolutely SUFFERS. I tested a rash of other
>possibilities (including Windows 98 updates, RAM, CPU, Hard Drive, etc...)
>and the final out come is always the last 4 patches McAfee distributes to
>combat the Love virus. The definitions up to .4072 don't seem to affect the
>system at all.

I've been running the 4077 DAT's since they came out and have no trashing.

However, I would recommend that you do NOT upgrade to the new version 5 of
McAfee.
System performance drops through the floor onces it's been installed.  I
finally had to
remove it and go back to ver 4 in order to get my system back up to full
speed.
Version 5 uses the same DAT files as version 4, but it adds a few new types of
scanning which may be the problem.  I've sent a note to McAfee, but they
say it
will be up to 4 days to get a response.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html