From:
Kevin Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 18:46:53 +1300
Francisco Novo wrote:

>  Almost, because Window's PnP feature keeps re-insatalling
> a "Crative Labs IDE Controller" with a "!" under Hard Disk
Controllers,
> as can be seen in the Device Manager.  However, this conflict seems
not
> to "hurt" the rest of the installed drivers or the general
performance.

It sounds as if you have a soundcard with an IDE port on it that Windows
is detecting. Check to see if you can disable it on the soundcard by a
jumper setting or a software configuration utility. Or maybe you can
change the resource settings of the IDE port on the soundcard so that
they don't conflict. with other hardware.

Cheers
--
Kevin Johnson
Trinity Electronics Ltd

         The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering the NOSPIN
        File Download CD... All the files from our File Download
         area and much more...  over 165 files, all on one CD!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions