From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 May 2000 22:05:19 MDT
Rick asked:

>Has anyone experienced lessening of allergic symptoms from this diet?

No allergies for me, but only one cold (and only for three days) over the
last 2 1/2 years.  I've also kissed insomnia goodbye, lost about 50 pounds,
regulated my menstrual cycles (primary PCOS* symptom) and seen better skin,
as well.  I'd had a couple dry, scaly spots on my midrift that finally went
away (a secondary PCOS symptom) and my skin (except for my heels, of course)
is downright supple.  Amazing when you consider I live in Denver.  But my
skin is better now than when I live in ol' Virginia.  In other words, get
ready for one great ride!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO

*Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome a common female hormonal imbalance.  My periods
were anywhere from 30-50 days apart (average of 47) but I now average 31
days.  Since going low-carb to paleo, I've only had two cycles over 35 days;
one when I lost my job and the other when my 4 year old nephew died in a
house fire.