From:
Holly Krahe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 07:39:59 EST
Thanks to everyone who has posted with their good results and similar
struggles!  I'm feeling very sluggish due to medically induced lower heart
rate and blood pressure.  There is no possibility of convincing a doctor
about the healthy effects of the paleo diet, but I guess my job is to prove
its efficacy for me.

Dale - thanks for the pointers.  My kidney function checks out just fine.  I
will be getting a pressure monitor to check myself and hopefully get OFF the
meds as fast as possible.  Your major point is well taken - the stress has to
go.  Where to put it is the question.  Maybe in May after graduation I can
relax a little.

In the meanwhile, I am looking for suggestions of lower-fat, easily
transported items for meals on the run at school and work.  I often leave
home at 7 am for 12+ hours and find myself caving in to convenience if I'm
not armed with appropriate food.  I was using Atkins bars, but now am worried
about the soy basis of those.  Sometimes I take jerky and dried fruit, which
is easy and light and satisfying.

All suggestions gratefully received!

TIA
Holly