From:
JoAnn Betten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 10:22:59 -0500
>2.      What if I was to switch to an all meat diet? How would this affect
>my health? There are so many positives on one side of the fence, and just as
>many negatives on the other side of the fence that I don't know who to
>believe.

i tried the all-meat diet (or *almost* all meat diet) and it almost finished
me off.  it was GREAT for losing weight, but i developed a painful
diverticulitis from lack of dietary fiber and had to be on two antibiotics
to clear it up.  since adding plenty of veg and nuts and some fruit back
into my diet, it has not recurred.
if you want to cut carbs, cut out fruits, but please, be sure you're eating
enough vegetables and nuts, so you get fiber and vitamins.  or maybe you're
not a person prone to diverticulitis, but i wouldn't want to take a chance
on finding out.  i had abdominal pains so bad i could hardly stand up, not
an experience i'd care to repeat.

take care,
JoAnn.