Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:10:25 -0800
Jean-Claude,

thank you so much for posting that article.  I have some questions/comments for everyone.  The study concluded that substituting  monounsaturated or polyunsaturated fat for saturated fat would lead to the desired cholesterol changes.  But at the beginning of the article, it was not specified what type of fat the subjects ate.  I really wish the article had gone into more detail, as I personally am trying to figure out what are the best types of fats for me.

Also, when the conclusion compared saturated v. the other kinds of fat, that implied that the researchers got bad results with saturated fat, as compared with the other kinds.  I really wish they had shared that with us .
Diane