BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Astral Rendered Bee Wax -TM"
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 17:45:31 EDT
In a message dated 4/6/2000 8:52:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Could "spring type" weather-stripping in the channels help such a problem.
 My parents have a C 1955 house with wooden sash installed that way.  Best I
 recall the "spring" tension is all it takes to hold the windows in any
 position from top to bottom.

 A Cuz >>

Cuz,

Perhaps you are confused by nearby tornadoes.  The 1950's spring tension
thingies were spring-tensioned sash balances; which wouldn't do our esteemed
colleague much good weather-wise way up yonder.  The springy bronze door-type
weatherstripping wouldn't do too much good in her windows, either, but would
(potentially) be better than nothing. Maybe.  The routed-in bronze
weatherstripping is the best, but God knows who could afford it, or install
it themselves, short of Norm Abrams. I should think my friend Rory the
Plaster Man is unlikely to fool with windows, but may well know who does.

Good luck, Ruth.  And don't let them sell you any plastic (or nuluminin)
windows.

Ralph