BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Johnette Davies <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 17:32:30 +0000
As part of an information-gathering venture, a bunch of
us from WIlmington (government-types, developers,
architects, etc) took a field trip to Trenton to discuss
the Code with folks there.  Everyone had glowing
comments, from the L&I inspectors on down.  We also went
to go see a few projects around town, and the concensus
seemed to be that these projects never would have
happened if not for the new code.  Developers found it
easier to deal with, inspectors found it easier, and
designers were more able to use existing conditions
instead of gutting and starting over.  Of course, the
state had lined-up all of these folks to talk to us...
:-)
Since that time, we have instituted a pilot program (our
"Rehab Subcode") based on NJ's code.  It's been in place
for 6 months, and I'm not sure how they will evaluate
it, or when they'll get around to doing so.

- Johnette