BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Krugman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 23:03:52 EST
In a message dated 1/11/2000 9:28:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I'm not SO old that I listened to Gunsmoke.  I didn't even know
>  Gunsmoke had been on the radio (are you sure?

Oh, gosh. Unfortunately, I not only listened to Gunsmoke, but also "The Lone
Ranger" on radio. I remember lying in my little bed (OK, so I was REALLY
young), sick with the flu, and the only thing I could do was listen to the
radio. (My parents wouldn't buy a TV -- just a passing fad, they said.) The
sound effects were great -- doors slamming, horses neighing -- and the
breathing of the actors was an important component. Sort of an auditory
Ingmar Bergman. Ah well, now we have Lake Wobegon. And Andrea Bocelli, of
course. Sexy stories in music ... but no horses or slamming doors.

-- One of the Ancient Ones

PS My parents still don't have a computer. Some things never change.