BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Met History <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "BullaPinmankaheaders"
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 16:52:30 EST

<<  Only make sure it's reinforced with
 epoxy-coated welded wire mesh (I don't think you can get stainless steel
 mesh, but give it a try).  If you're feeling a little more flush, you could
 do flame-finished granite pavers over a slab. >>

1.  why do you want wire mesh on something you will need to tear up some day
2.  when I say "really good sidewalk" I'm thinking of finishing and
detailing, not whether a tree falling on top of Mary's car (or Mary) will
also damage the sidewalk
3. flame finished granite is non-historic and, well... sort of flame-y

The original sidewalk was almost certainly poured concrete, notwithstanding
what the preservation mafia tells you about bluestone, etc.

Love to you all,
From Slip N. Fall