Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 20:29:22 -0500
7bit
From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
> HG>      Probably because I don't believe an internal USB device exist.
Other
> HG> than that an external device is always ones best bet because they can
be
> HG> moved from one computer to another. For some people this is of no
concern,
> HG> for others this this is quite an important thing. TTYL
>
> I think USB is still "new", and bugs are present. If you invest in an
> external, this means you're serious about getting best speed and
> stability. Don't settle on USB then - take a plain com-port-only
> hardware modem... it will work _ALWAYS_. (and will be cheaper than USB as
> well).

 Oh I agree on that, I wasn't recommending a USB modem, I was just
recommending why an external is often a better choice. For now though, for
the best of every world I always recommend a "real" (hardware) external
modem, sure it costs more but if you want the best. Of course I myself being
a little more budget minded got myself an internal, but it is a USR so at
least I have that. TTYL

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org