Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 17:45:28 -0400
7bit
From:
Richard Lumley <[log in to unmask]>
I am having a problem with 2 networked computers being online at the
same time. I got hooked up to Time Warner Roadrunner about 10 days ago.
A service man did my networking and everything worked fine for about a
week. A few days ago my secondary computer wouldn't connect to the
internet. I have a 5 port ethernet hub. I come out of the cable modem,
into the hub. I then use 2 ports to hook to the primary and secondary
computers. I can bypass the hub, hook directly into the cable modem and
the secondary computer connects. I can hook the primary computer
directly into the cable modem and that works. I just can't run both
computers online at once. When I run thru the hub, the primary computer
is always online, but the secondary computer won't go online. Just keep
getting a check server message. I think it must be something in the
network settings on the secondary computer. My son uses this and I don't

know if something got changed or not. Roadrunner will not give me any
support on networking, even thought I pay $10.00 a month for the 2nd
computer.
     I only want to use the computers for internet sharing, not file and
printer sharing.
Primary Computer:
450 Compaq Pentium lll
windows98