Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 13:48:50 -0600
7bit
From:
Robert McGlohon <[log in to unmask]>
> What does ketosis have to do with weight loss?
>
> Todd Moody

I had thought that ketosis was *THE* reason a high protein diet worked as a
method of weight loss.  Interesting enough, the Eades' new book, "The
Protein Power LifePlan," which I bought and skimmed through yesterday,
doesn't use the word "ketosis" or "ketogenic" once.  At least, I didn't see
it, and it's not listed in the index.  The book, as Todd mentioned earlier,
is very "paleo" in its perspective.

According to the Eades, the way to lose weight on an a low-carb diet is to
cut calories, primarily by cutting fat (since carbs are already low and you
don't want to fall below minimum protein levels).  This contradicts the
advice I've seen here and elsewhere, which is to *increase* fat consumption
in order to promote ketosis.

I am so confused!

Robert