Questions about this LISTSERV or any of the designated diseases can be directed to the Listowners at: Celiac-Request@listserv.icors.org
Show Table of Contents

Nancy Kloberdanz
Sat, 23 Mar 2024 17:58:44 +0000

Have you ever thought about hosting an Exchange Student?

I have been asked to see if we can locate some Exchange Student Host Families for several students. At this time, there are five students that need a US Host Family. For the 24-25 School Year. They are:

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Nancy Kloberdanz
Sun, 18 Feb 2024 16:28:55 +0000

Have you ever consideredhosting a foreign exchange student? This is your chance!
Please help place a female student (age 16)from Italy who has Celiac Disease, into a home in the U.S. for the upcomingschool year of August 2024 to June 2025! Sofia’s Celiac Diagnosis wasdiscovered when she was three years old. She may be placed anywhere in the U.S.but preferably in a 125 mile radius of Greensboro, NC.
Sofia’s primary interests aresinging and dancing (ballet and Hip hop) and she loves to cook and bake. Additionalinterests are drawing or painting,

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Marshall Lasky
Wed, 6 Sep 2023 11:31:36 -0400

Hi all,
My wife and I will be at a Convention in Pittsburg Sept 20-23. I would really appreciate any suggestions & recommendations for GF restaurants in downtown Pittsburg. Places near the David L Lawrence Convention Center, or near the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown Hotel would be desirable, but we’re willing to go further for someplace special!

[More ...]
No Replies
Barbara Widhalm
Fri, 2 Jun 2023 18:18:42 -0700

Hi all,

I haven't posted here in a few years, so please let me know if it's not ok
to post this event, and I will delete, and I would also be grateful for
suggestions where else to post, as I haven't done public events like this
in a while. I am thrilled to re-start our gluten-free Viennese community c
afé series at a new community arts location in South Berkeley:

[More ...]
No Replies
Dennis, Melinda (BIDMC - Nutrition Services)
Thu, 30 Mar 2023 18:21:49 +0000

Dear individuals with gluten-related disorders, dietitians, social workers, nurses, and physicians,

Please join us for our All Things Celiac Webinar on April 26th from 12:30-1:30pm ET.

"Unbalanced Eating: The Spectrum of Eating Disorders with Gluten-Related Conditions"

Join the Harvard Medical School Celiac Research Program and the National Celiac Association for the second webinar in our Spring 2023 "Ask the Experts" series. Speakers will present on selected topics for 60 minutes, followed by 15 minutes for Q&A, on Wednesday, April 26, 2023, from 1- 2:15 pm ET.

[More ...]
No Replies
Mickey1 Email
Thu, 9 Mar 2023 18:39:43 -0600

I received a call late this afternoon from an Ener-G employee apologizing
for
not responding to my messages, emails, etc. She indicated they were
experiencing sick employees, staff shortages, etc and right now overwhelmed.
She has been working till midnight most of the week trying to get caught up
but wanted me to definitely know they were STILL OPEN FOR BUSINESS.
Told her I was really glad to hear that since I have a high blood pressure
problem (cannot take blood pressure meds) and use their brown rice bread
with

[More ...]
No Replies
Mickey1 Email
Wed, 8 Mar 2023 15:07:00 -0600

Listmates -
Does anyone know if Ener-G Food in Seattle Washington is still in business? I use the Brown Rice Bread and recently ordered 2 cases and received them. However, a lot of the bread is moldy and have been trying to contact them by phone, email, etc leaving messages and no one answers the phone or returns calls. When I had placed the order had tried several times to get someone to answer the phone to take my order and actually spoke to the grandson of the owner. He

[More ...]
No Replies
Nancy Kloberdanz
Sat, 7 Jan 2023 15:54:35 +0000

I have had a request to see if wecan help find a home for anExchange Student from Italy for the2023-2024 school term that has CeliacDisease.

 The mother wrote:

I'm the mother of four girls withceliac disease and the third, Monica, has

the dream to study a year in the USAas an exchange student (school year

[More ...]
No Replies
Mary Jane Thomas
Tue, 15 Nov 2022 19:59:37 -0500

Does anyone know what happened to this business - Breads from Anna? The website is no longer usable.

Thanks.

MJ
Sent from my iPad
No Replies
Carol Guchek
Sun, 23 Oct 2022 12:06:43 -0400

Here is a summary of responses to my question: Does anyone know of a good
gluten free bread machine mix that's not heavy and dense?

Are you on any gf Facebook or Instagram groups? That's where I go now for
celiac.

We used to use Pamela's Bread Mx.
<https://www.pamelasproducts.com/products/gluten-free-bread-mix>
https://www.pamelasproducts.com/products/gluten-free-bread-mix 5+ years ago
and my celiac daughter liked it. They sell it on amazon and you can get
discounts for regular delivery. You can probably get it at Whole Foods.

[More ...]
No Replies
Carol Guchek
Fri, 14 Oct 2022 22:29:11 -0400

Does anyone know of a good gluten free bread machine mix that's not heavy
and dense?

Carol in NJ

No Replies
Nancy Kloberdanz
Thu, 13 Oct 2022 00:22:39 +0000

I have had a request to see if we can help find a Gluten Free home for an Exchange Student from Italy for the 2023-2024 school term.

The mother wrote:
I'm the mother of four girls with celiac disease and the third, Monica, has the dream to study a year in the USA as an exchange student (school year 2023/2024). I'm writing to you because all the Italian agencies for students mobility we have contacted have refused our entry for the year abroad because of Monica's celiac. We have only

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
<>
Sun, 2 Oct 2022 20:53:27 +0000

Greetings to all,Is there a stool test for celiac which is as reliable as an upper endoscopy? If so, which laboratory? Is it covered by insurance?Thank you very much.Rose

No Replies
Rebecca Markle
Thu, 8 Sep 2022 22:46:20 +0000

I haven't been able to find it in the freezer in my local Walmart in two years. On my second trip to look for it, I couldn't even find the shelf tag. It's available on the Walmart website, but check me on this, the price is now $9.87 a loaf. This bread has been a life-saver to me. I'm not a celiac, I'm gluten-free by dint of my father having gout. Yes, the diet is suggested for people with gout and rheumatoid arthritis. I have to be a little bit

[More ...]
No Replies
Lorraine Order
Thu, 18 Aug 2022 23:41:34 +0000

Does furosemide 20MG TABLET  MFR MYLAN contain glutenLorraine DeRogatis

No Replies
Dennis,Melinda (BIDMC - Nutrition Services)
Fri, 5 Aug 2022 21:01:08 +0000

All are welcome to this free webinar!
Please join us.

Best,

Melinda Dennis, MS, RD, LDN
Nutrition Coordinator, Celiac Center
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Boston, MA
www.CeliacNow.org

From the Experts: Join Our Virtual Monthly Meeting on "All Things Celiac"

Advancing Celiac Research through Patient Participation and Industry Partnership

Join the Harvard Medical School Celiac Research Program and the National Celiac Association for the first webinar in our Fall 2022 "Ask the Experts" series. Speakers will present on selected topics for 60 minutes, followed by 15 minutes for Q&A, on

[More ...]
No Replies
Nancy Kloberdanz
Sat, 30 Jul 2022 16:07:06 +0000

This is to let you know that  Cristina is from Spain, not Mexico. My apologies to everyone.
Nancy Kloberdanz

Hunn's Gluten-Free on a Shoestring blog at glutenfreeonashoestring.com

You'll find thousands of proven recipes, all organized into easy-to-follow
categories like cookies, bread, dinners, cakes, appetizers, flourless
baking and much more. There's even a flowchart to guide you through baking
when you're short on certain ingredients.

[More ...]
No Replies
Michael Frolichstein
Fri, 10 Apr 2020 15:50:41 +0000

A national Public Television rollout of the film has begun of The Celiac Project Documentary.
While it won't be available in all locations, more are being added every week. See a full list of the schedule at here:https://www.celiacproject.com/find-us-on-public-television/For those of you in the Chicago area, it will be on WTTW Channel 11 on Sunday April 19th at 3PM.

[More ...]
No Replies
Dreamee Dog
Wed, 1 Apr 2020 16:51:05 -0400

The Easter Bunny is on his way! Time to make Bunny Soup. It's the Easter Bunny's favorite. Make some today!

Bacon & Eggs Quiche is a delicious Breakfast or Brunch recipe. It's yummee good with a hash brown crust. Guaranteed to put smiles on hungry faces.

[More ...]
No Replies
Merline
Mon, 23 Mar 2020 12:28:08 -0700

I will try to make this short. 2019 Bad Health year. Got at least 3 more auto-im. diseases. Already have Celiac for last few years confirmed. Now have A-fib (heart), Iterstistitial lung disease (2 scars on lungs), Raynauds (hands), Also sleep apnea on machine at nite. Taking meds and bowels were A-OK until 3 weeks ago. Took 5 hr. drive down south – gone 4 days – ate out at places have before with no problem. But now have bowel problem 3 + weeks. Have tried Brat Diet, Imodium, Fiber

[More ...]
No Replies
SJ Celiac Support Group
Mon, 23 Mar 2020 13:40:58 -0400

Greetings everyone,

We want to let you know more about how recent events surrounding COVID-19
have/will affect GIG of Delaware Valley.

In keeping with recent government guidelines for social distancing and to
resist spreading of the Corona virus disease, several changes have been
made that affect this group.

[More ...]
No Replies
Bev
Sun, 22 Mar 2020 07:33:20 +0000

This came out from the ACG on Wednesday....Interesting to know!  Bev in Milwaukee.
https://gi.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/ACG-AJG-Media-Statement-COVID19-Hubei-Pan-et-al-FINAL-03182020.pdf

No Replies
Grace Mikus
Fri, 6 Mar 2020 15:20:23 -0500

Hi everyone,

Fellow Celiac here!

I am conducting a survey for my thesis project to better understand Celiac
Disease and women’s health. Your participation in this survey will provide
important information and I value your feedback and appreciate you taking
the time to participate in the survey. Your participation is voluntary.

[More ...]
No Replies
Bob & Ruth's Gluten-Free Dining & Travel
Sun, 1 Mar 2020 21:04:31 -0500

! ! ! THIS TOO SHALL PASS ! ! !

* * *  NASHVILLE MUSIC CITY mini   June 7-10, 2020

THIS IS A GO - Join us ! !

As of this time there are still rooms available. Nashville is a hot city
to tour
and our itinerary will give you the opportunity to enjoy the many facets of
the center of an ALL AMERICAN art product and the Artists. There are
many types of Country Music and they are now centered in Music City.
All this and Great Variety

[More ...]
No Replies
Dreamee Dog
Sun, 1 Mar 2020 18:45:10 -0500

Unicorn Rainbow Parfaits are a tasty way to chase a rainbow.

Dreamee Dog visited Georgia. She visited Stone Mountain to learn about the Confederacy and Civil Rights.

You can rely on Yummee Yummee gluten-free mixes and recipes for all of your baking needs. Bake yourself dozens of cookies, loaves of bread, scrumptious muffins, and savory crackers. Visit Yummee Yummee for even more exciting new recipes today!

[More ...]
No Replies
Rhonda Reid
Sun, 1 Mar 2020 16:35:14 -0500

I am traveling to Memphis later in spring and would appreciate any restaurant or shopping tips. Thank you Rhonda Reid

No Replies
Chris C.
Thu, 13 Feb 2020 22:34:05 +0000

Has anyone found anything gluten free at Lidl's grocery stores that they are pleased with?   Christy in PA

No Replies
SJ Celiac Support Group
Sat, 8 Feb 2020 11:39:13 -0500

Gluten Intolerance Group of Delaware Valley - Next meeting is tomorrow
Sunday February 9, 2020 from 2PM until 4:30PM.
(Address and directions are at the end of this email.)
No Replies
Dreamee Dog
Sat, 1 Feb 2020 17:17:38 -0500

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake is a magical no-bake recipe! Enjoy with your Valentine.

Dreamee Dog visited Virginia. She toured historic Williamsburg and found out how books used to be made.

You can rely on Yummee Yummee gluten-free mixes and recipes for all of your baking needs. Bake yourself a box of chocolates with Cookiees mix. Visit the home page for even more exciting new recipes today!

[More ...]
No Replies
Don Wiss
Sat, 1 Feb 2020 12:44:25 -0500

Here's my annual reminder of the PaleoFood.com web site. Over 1900
recipes that are free of gluten, dairy, grains and beans.

For tomorrow there are 320 appetizers:

http://paleofood.com/appetizers.htm

Don <donwiss.com>.

*******
*******
No Replies
Bob & Ruth's Gluten-Free Dining & Travel
Fri, 31 Jan 2020 21:59:52 -0500

ALL OF OUR GLUTEN-FREE GETAWAYS FOR 2020 ARE A GO ! ! !

* * *  We have just declared the NASHVILLE MUSIC CITY mini s a GO !
June 7~10, 2020

As of this time there are still rooms available. Nashville is a hot city
to tour
and our itinerary will give you the opportunity to enjoy the many facets of
the center of an ALL AMERICAN art product and the Artists. There are
many types of Country Music and they are now centered in Music City.

[More ...]
No Replies
Jean Lyke
Thu, 30 Jan 2020 08:50:48 -0600

List Mates – I was recently prescribed vit d2 at 50,000 IU because my vit d level was close to the lower end of the reference range (30-80 – I was 30.1) taking one softgel every 7 days for 12 weeks. To me that seems like a lot.
Has any list member done this and experienced side effects. I have always heard vit d3 was better than vit d2,
I use to take calcium citrate and vit d3 in a fine granular form from Freeda but that has been some

[More ...]
No Replies
medresearch
Sun, 26 Jan 2020 16:23:51 -0600

This came up on my Facebook page.  I don't know if I can reprint this
article, so I am posting the url --

Paula in IL

https://www.glutenfreewatchdog.org/news/wheat-grass-wheat-glucose-syrup-etc-allowed-in-foods-labeled-gluten-free-heres-why/?fbclid=IwAR3WIw8ED0zqPhGh9VijDJqyD18traE71ab3GLo2hfIPmSI2wmJLHK7xrL4

Wheat grass, wheat glucose syrup, etc. allowed in foods labeled
gluten-free: Here’s why

No Replies
Jean Lyke
Sat, 25 Jan 2020 08:27:51 -0600

Thank you to the list mates that responded to my request for recommendations. I have listed them below.

-the amazon website for collagen of https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C75904F.

-horsetail tea along with vit d and magnesium.

-Wegmans Bone Broth, chicken or beef to use in soups and unflavored Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides dietary
supplement from Target and Target brand Hair, Skin, Nails, vitamins with Keratin.

[More ...]
No Replies
Diana Day
Thu, 9 Jan 2020 17:07:10 -0500

My husband and I are planning a trip to Lake Louise, where we'll stay and
then take the train to Vancouver.

Can anyone recommend Celiac-friendly restaurants? We'd also welcome any
reviews of the food on the Rocky Mountaineer train.

Thanks for your help,

Diana

No Replies
medresearch
Sat, 4 Jan 2020 21:47:16 -0600

Greetings friends,

I have a question for the list.  My Dad's siblings, most of them, ended
up on thyroid medication late in life.

i was positive for celiac antibodies on blood test after our child was
diagnosed celiac by symptoms, improvement on gf diet, and biopsy.

[More ...]
No Replies
Dreamee Dog
Wed, 1 Jan 2020 19:20:11 -0500

Make Chocolate Cherry Cereal Bars! They are the perfect energy boost and make delicious topping for Homemade Yogurt.

Dreamee Dog visited Colorado. She had to thank Santa Claus for all of her Christmas gifts.

You can rely on Yummee Yummee gluten-free mixes and recipes for all of your baking needs. Visit the home page for even more exciting new recipes today!

[More ...]
No Replies
Bob & Ruth's Gluten-Free Dining & Travel
Wed, 1 Jan 2020 00:52:38 -0500

! ! HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020 ! !

2020 looks to be a very exciting travel year for Bob & Ruth's Gluten-free
Dining & Travel travelers.

* * *  VENICE ITALY ALL-INCLUSIVE RIVER BOAT CRUISE
September 6 ~ 13, 2020        This Gluten-free Getaway is a GO !

[More ...]
No Replies
Lydia Parlow
Thu, 19 Dec 2019 09:00:05 -0600

Everyone reassured me that the Barium Swallow tests had very low risk.
Someone did say the vanilla flavor was not GF. I was not given any flavor
choices today and I did ask if it was GF and Dairy free and they said *yes*.

[More ...]
No Replies
Lydia Parlow
Mon, 16 Dec 2019 08:43:05 -0600

Has anyone done a barium swallow?
Any reaction?
I am worried about the side effects and exposure to radiation. Yikes.
I have Laryngeal reflux but have just started to avoid dairy and find that
is helping.
Anybody who has experience please reply! I will summarize.

Thanks much,
Lydia Parlow
Receptionist/Soul Cafe/Food Pantry/Community Garden

[More ...]
No Replies
Bev Messner
Fri, 6 Dec 2019 00:26:02 +0000

I received many nice answers to my problems.  Thanks to everyone.  I will be trying some of the ideas that were suggested.   Meanwhile, I was searching on the internet and found a great recipe that had so many great reviews.  So I tried it, and much to my surprise, my cookies came out great.   They did not lose their shape or spread out like my old recipe did.  There is a small amount of cinnamon in the recipe, which I did not add.
If you would like to try

[More ...]
No Replies
Bev Messner
Thu, 5 Dec 2019 16:35:24 +0000

I have an old recipe I always used for cut out cookies.  Si.nce going gluten free many years ago, I have not had good luck with this recipe.  It calls for one cup of butter, but my cookies would always just spread out of shape.
I recently researched reasons for it.  Butter spreads more but better flavor.  Crisco holds it shape.  I saw where I could substitute one for the other, so I did.  The dough felt good, but I refrigerated it overnight and this morning it feels quite dry.

[More ...]
No Replies
Barbara Hicks
Mon, 2 Dec 2019 21:30:54 -0600

Hi Everyone,

I only received three responses on this subject. All were negative about
using a mail order pharmacy. One person said that most all major drug
manufacturers are now adding gluten to their medication. (That has not
been my findings.)

I did contact Steven Plogsted who runs the website www.glutenfreedrugs.com.
I also researched the FDA website for their comments on gluten in
pharmaceuticals. Following is what I discovered:

[More ...]
No Replies
Bob & Ruth's Gluten-Free Dining & Travel
Sun, 1 Dec 2019 17:30:48 -0500

HAPPY HOLIDAYS - CHECK OUT THESE GLUTEN-FREE GETAWAY FOR GIFTS !

> > >  NASHVILLE MUSIC CITY GLUTEN-FREE mini GETAWAY

June 7 ~ 10, 2020

Come on Down and enjoy the Foot Stomping Rhythms of Country Music
- Nashville style. We're staying in the heart of The District at
the Renaissance Hotel Nashville, within easy walking distance to
the many museums, shops and bars in The District.

[More ...]
No Replies
Sara
Thu, 28 Nov 2019 23:58:25 -0500

Has anyone used this acne product. Their cleanser has oat leaf extract and I am wondering if anyone has used the product and if so did they have a reaction?

Thank you.

Sara
No Replies
<>
Sat, 23 Nov 2019 19:40:44 +0000

Hello,  Here are helpful tips I received for our upcoming trip to Kauai and Oahu. Thanks to each of you! Oahu --Visit Sweet Marie’sGluten-free bakery cafe on Oahu. Previously located on Kauai. Delicious baked goods allstrictly GF.  Kauai is almost theCalifornia annex food wise— all our favorite GF groceries are in the storesthere.  We enjoyed a Mexican Food truck outside Princeville.

[More ...]
No Replies
<>
Thu, 21 Nov 2019 17:43:08 +0000

Hello! We are looking forward to our first trip to Hawaii, specifically Oahu and Kauai.  We are super excited!  Would love to hear from you about favorite restaurants or grocers with gf food offerings. Also if you know hotels or Airbnb's which are low to moderately priced which will accommodate a gf diet, if they have food service.  Thanks so much.  Rose

[More ...]
No Replies
Barbara Hicks
Thu, 21 Nov 2019 09:39:24 -0600

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if any of you have any experience with getting gluten free
medications with mail order pharmacies.

We have Medicare Advantage and they want us to order our meds thru their
mail order pharmacy if they are something we take all of the time.

[More ...]
No Replies
JMH
Thu, 7 Nov 2019 22:38:06 +0000

I will be visiting there next week and would like the names of any restaurants that you can recommend.  I will summarize.Thank YouJudith Fort Worth

No Replies
NapervilleGI
Thu, 7 Nov 2019 15:30:41 -0600

I maintain a modest web site with links for Celiac patients.
http://www.napervillegi.com/celiac/index.html

I am updating the links for Gluten Free Groups in Illinois and found a list that has out of date listings. I would appreciate any links or emails for current Gluten Free Groups. As usual, please reply to me and I’ll summarize to the list.

[More ...]
No Replies
Dorothy Billig
Tue, 5 Nov 2019 19:50:00 -0800

My doctor gave me a new medication for Lisinopri-/HCTZ 20/12.5mg Tablets Mfg Lupin Pharmacy. I called the manufacturer and they told me it has no gluten ingredients but did not know if it was dairy and lactose free. Would appreciate any help you can give me on the ingredients. Thanks in advance. Dorothy Billig 858-277-9508 email- [log in to unmask]
No Replies
J. Jochims
Sun, 3 Nov 2019 10:06:48 -0500

Gluten Intolerance Group of Delaware Valley

This Celiac/Gluten Free support group has been around since 1989 and was most recently associated with CSA until we joined The Gluten Intolerance Group in 2018.
We meet monthly except for July and August in Moorestown, NJ at VIRTUA Memorial Health Center - Centerton Square
401 Young Avenue (directly across from Wegman's, Target and COSTCO)
Moorestown, NJ 08057 (Exit 40 off of 295)

[More ...]
No Replies
Dreamee Dog
Fri, 1 Nov 2019 16:38:03 -0400

Get ready for your Holiday visitors with Yummee Yummee. You can rely on Yummee Yummee gluten-free mixes and recipes for all of your entertaining needs.

Happy Thanksgiving! Serve up some family bonding with Yummee Yummee. Complete your feast with Mamie’s Crescent Rolls. Bake a classic for dessert with Two Crust Pie. Pan-free gluten-free bread? Yes, it’s Rustic Bread Loaves. Don’t forget to bake the Graham Crackers to enjoy a slice of Pumpkin Chiffon Pie.

[More ...]
No Replies
Bob & Ruth's Gluten-Free Dining & Travel
Thu, 31 Oct 2019 23:53:41 -0400

> > >  NASHVILLE MUSIC CITY
GLUTEN-FREE mini GETAWAY

June 7 ~ 10, 2020

Come on Down and enjoy the Foot Stomping Rhythms of Country
Music - Nashville style. We're staying in the heart of The District at
the Renaissance Hotel Nashville, within easy walking distance to
the many museums, shops and bars in The District.

[More ...]
No Replies
Cheryl Green
Thu, 17 Oct 2019 11:21:37 -0700

Hello Again ListServe Friends,

Thank you to those who answered my earlier post requesting restaurant recommendations for Celiacs in South New Zealand. Your recommendations will be extremely helpful to us. I am writing again to see if anyone who has recently traveled to South New Zealand can recommend RESTAURANTS or GROCERY STORES that cater to Celiacs in the following specific areas of South New Zealand.
MT COOK VILLAGE - looking for dinner, breakfast and grocery store or place we can take out lunch
TE ANU - looking for breakfast, grocery

[More ...]
No Replies
Virginia Krapil
Mon, 14 Oct 2019 00:40:45 +0000

In the GF freezer section at Target (Irvine, CA) a new pizza showed up: Kiki's Chicago Style Deep Dish pizza. It comes in cheese and Italian sausage. I bought both to try them out based on the Chicago Style description and picture on the box and it was a bonus to be GF for my celiac son.
We ate the Italian sausage one today and it was excellent, with generous tomato-loaded sauce and really tasty sausage. As a native Chicagoan, the sauce and sausage were authentic. The carton says it's

[More ...]
No Replies
Ramy Yakobi
Mon, 7 Oct 2019 11:00:21 -0400

Innovative Biopharmaceutical is in stage 3 of development for larazotide.
It is merging with RDD Pharma. I guess it is a good news as it brings more
capital and science experts together!

No Replies
Bob & Ruth's Gluten-Free Dining & Travel
Tue, 1 Oct 2019 21:33:53 -0400

>  >  >  >  >  ANNOUNCING  <  <  <  < <

BOB & RUTH'S GLUTEN-FREE ALL-INCLUSIVE
<  <  <  <  VENICE RIVER BOAT CRUISE  >  >  > >

September 6 ~ 13, 2020

Venice, Italy is considered one of the most visited cities in the World.
Most tourists only get to see a few of the famous sites in the area and
miss so many of the unique insights by water and on land of the total
Venice.

[More ...]
No Replies
Dreamee Dog
Tue, 1 Oct 2019 15:05:18 -0400

Get ready for your gluten-free Holiday visitors with Yummee Yummee. Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner. You can rely on Yummee Yummee gluten-free mixes and recipes for all of your entertaining needs. Your guests will be pleasantly surprised. Or, buy a Sample Pack as a holiday gift.

[More ...]
No Replies
Ramy Yakobi
Fri, 20 Sep 2019 07:31:27 -0400

Hello!
Did anyone try KBMO? Presumably it tests zonulin level if you were exposed
to gluten.
https://kbmodiagnostics.com/zonulin-test/

No Replies
Ramy Yakobi
Thu, 19 Sep 2019 07:54:34 -0400

Anyone planning to travel to Italy, check this out:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/08/23/433430664/italy-land-of-pizza-and-pasta-is-gluten-free-friendly

No Replies
Jack & Felice Cohen-Joppa
Sun, 15 Sep 2019 20:51:56 -0700

I’ll be traveling to Brunswick, Georgia for a week next month, and hope to put in a day on nearby beaches as well.
Any restaurant recommendations, particularly seafood, in downtown Brunswick or on down the coast to Jacksonville are welcome. I will summarize.
Thanks!
Jack
No Replies
indsnw
Tue, 10 Sep 2019 11:01:59 -0400

Good day,

I am starting to research plan D coverage options for me. I have celiac
disease. I don't have any particular prescriptions I take, except B12 shots.

I do on occasion have to take an antibiotic or some short term
prescription. In the past I know I have often had to try several different
pharmacies before I could find one that carries a gluten free version of
the prescribed medication.

[More ...]
No Replies
Nancy Strudl
Sun, 8 Sep 2019 22:43:34 -0500

I prepare this the other day with a twist, I threw in a quart of blueberries. I have celiac but my husband likes something with his coffee in the morning. We both enjoyed it, no problems for me and a high five from him.
Sent from my iPad
No Replies
Joy Mendez
Sun, 8 Sep 2019 11:48:20 -0700

Whoa. It’s been a long time since I’ve posted anything on here but I wanted to share with you our experience with the new Krusteaz GF coffee cake mix. It is awesome! I made it for our son, who has Celiac, as it’s his birthday today, and he loved it. I also tasted it and, in my opinion, it’s as good as any regular/gluten coffee cake mix on the market. The rest will go back to school with him for a quick breakfast before classes at the U. of Arizona.

[More ...]
No Replies
Gabriele Malon
Sat, 7 Sep 2019 17:10:54 +0000

I thank everyone who responded and especially for the suggestions as to websites or articles to read. In addition to contacting people with Celiac, I reached out to non-Celiac friends who have osteopenia.
My original question - Have people who have stopped Prolia experienced increased bone fractures? In addition, did medical providers caution it was a “forever" medication regimen?
The Prolia pamphlet given to me was printed in May 2019.  It contains 2 pages of “Important Safety information” i.e. the list of everything that may go wrong. Specific to stopping

[More ...]
No Replies
Cheryl Green
Sun, 1 Sep 2019 22:43:39 -0700

Hello Listmates,

We will be traveling to Bar Harbor, Maine and would appreciate any suggestions for dining gluten free safely with Celiac disease. Any restaurant or grocery store recommendations would be appreciated. Also, we will be celebrating a birthday while we are in the area. If you have a suggestion for a Bar Harbor, Maine birthday worthy, celiac friendly dinner spot it would be most appreciated.

[More ...]
No Replies
Dreamee Dog
Sun, 1 Sep 2019 19:04:59 -0400

Get ready for delicious Fall baking with Yummee Yummee. Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are just around the corner. You can rely on Yummee Yummee's premium gluten-free mixes and gourmet recipes for all of your entertaining needs. Sweet or savory - cinnamon rolls to dinner rolls, from a Danish to crackers, and sweet, sweet cookies, cakes, muffins or coffeecakes. Yum!

[More ...]
No Replies
Gabriele Malon
Sat, 31 Aug 2019 18:58:23 -0600

Due to increased osteoporosis, my medial provider is urging me to switch from ReClast infusions to Prolia. I am searching for feedback as to if anyone who is already using it has experienced an increase in their bone density. Because it's a "forever" commitment once begun, I am conflicted as I weigh the pros and cons.
I will definitely summarize any responses I receive. Thank you.

[More ...]
No Replies
Sara
Fri, 23 Aug 2019 17:08:48 -0400

Has anyone been to these fairgrounds? Any GF options?

Thanks.

*******
*******
No Replies
Dina M
Mon, 19 Aug 2019 08:40:36 -0500

Overwhelmingly, all but 2 respondents confirmed that sausage casing does
not contain gluten. One person had a gluten reaction after eating sausage
she though was gluten free, and the other believed there could be gluten in
casing, but the links she provided for confirmation did not pan out.

[More ...]
No Replies
Dina M
Mon, 12 Aug 2019 06:41:37 -0500

My 24-year old daughter was diagnosed with Celiac when she was two, so I’m quite comfortable navigating my way through all the intricacies or gluten free living. At a recent barbecue, someone was telling me how she has to be careful about which sausages she eats, because of gluten in the sausage casing. I have to say that never, in over 20 years, have either I, or my daughter (who obviously now manages her own diet), come across a sausage off limits for this reason. Is this a legitimate thing?

[More ...]
No Replies
Bev
Fri, 2 Aug 2019 22:19:49 +0000

Milwaukee Celiac-Sprue Crew
Annual Summer Picnic
When: Sunday, August 11, 2019
Arrive: Noon or later, Eat ~ 1:15
Where: Village Park, Shelter #2             4800 W. Greenbrook Drive              Brown Deer WI
There is also be a morning gathering at MOR Bakery & Café, Bay View              Wednesday, August 14, 10:30 am til noon-ish
 NL being sent out to members & friends today.Sorry for the delay...Computer issues after an update... For more information, contact me.
Thanks, Bev

[More ...]
No Replies
Giorgio
Thu, 1 Aug 2019 18:50:39 -0400

Welcome to Quattrobimbi... bringing you the best Gluten Free products from Italy !
Check us out at http://www.quattrobimbi.com

**** NEWS ****
--> Shop BIAGLUT @ http://tinyurl.com/zhj3t7q
--> Shop LE VENEZIANE @ http://tinyurl.com/y3l2u9l3
--> Shop FARABELLA @ http://tinyurl.com/y8v9p8y5

**** SHORT-DATED SALE ****
The following items have a short "best by date" (as suggested by manufacturer).
They have been discounted... while supplies last:
Description Best Buy date Sale
BA EGG LASAGNA Sept 2019 $3.50
LV GRISSINI ROSEMARY Oct 2019 $2.00
LV GRISSINI SESAME Oct 2019 $2.00

[More ...]
No Replies
Dreamee Dog
Thu, 1 Aug 2019 16:26:31 -0400
Do you dream of decadent and delicious gluten-free delights? Yummee Yummee is the answer to your wishes.

Honey White Bread is Simply Scrumptious for picnic sandwiches. Bake Lemon Cheesecake Cookies for a snack by the lake. Vegetable Crackers and cheese are the perfect combination for poolside fun. Play a game with Peanut Butter Beana Bites as you cruise the highway. And, when it’s time for back-to-school, Banana Bread is first day approved.

Mom’s Pound Cake is this month’s fabulous new recipe. Add gorgeous fresh strawberries and whipped cream for an amazing shortcake. Visit the home page for even more exciting new recipes today!
No Replies
John Graham
Thu, 1 Aug 2019 11:21:10 -0400

We were in the Emory area last week and we could not find a restaurant that
served decent GF pasta. We tried EATaliano Kitchen, but the pasta was over
cooked/falling apart and my daughter said the sauce was awful. Every other
place that came up in Google map searches did not look promising.

[More ...]
No Replies
medresearch
Thu, 1 Aug 2019 03:41:51 -0500

It has been 17 years since our family could eat fried clams at
Friendly's or Hojo's because of celiac diagnosis.

I have been trying to get Gorton's to produce a truly gluten free fried
clam product because nobody is making one that I can find. It would
benefit celiacs, and give them a unique entry in the frozen fish case.

[More ...]
No Replies
Karen Cortis
Mon, 29 Jul 2019 12:15:30 -0400

Autoimmune diseases have become an epidemic and a blight, ruining the lives
of hundreds of millions of people globally. Dr. Tom O'Bryan's epic, 9-part
docuseries will give you the newest information, solutions and treatments
to help turn the tide and improve your life. You'll be surprised how many
of these are tied to CD in one way or another. Register Here
<https://betrayalsolution.com/?idev_id=863>

[More ...]
No Replies
Pam Newbury
Tue, 16 Jul 2019 13:45:45 -0700

The NIH is doing a study of an enzyme to break down gluten. They are
looking for qualified participants. For details, go to
https://www.celiacshield.com/

While I am glad to see that they are researching products helpful to
celiacs, I think they are asking participants to consume too much gluten:
1/2 slice of bread daily for six weeks. They don't say if this product is
intended to prevent symptoms and damage from incidental gluten or to allow
celiacs to eat a regular diet. Either way, I think a lot of participants

[More ...]
No Replies
Cheryl Green
Thu, 11 Jul 2019 17:30:59 -0700

Hello Listserve Friends,

Thank you to those of you who responded to my March email about traveling in New Zealand with Celiac disease. You input was most helpful.

We have narrowed down the areas we will be traveling to. If you have any specific recommendations for eating gluten free (specific restaurants or grocery stores) in the following areas they would be most appreciated. We will be traveling in the south part of New Zealand to the towns of Wanaka, Queenstown, Mt. Cook, Aoraki and Te Anu. If you have any

[More ...]
No Replies
Rhonda Reid
Wed, 3 Jul 2019 20:36:28 -0400

I found a new restaurant in Heath, Ohio. Billie Lee's (Chinese food) on Rte 79. They make the basic brown sauce gluten free. I request gluten free soy sauce used in my meals. I also Shropshire to corn and dairy.They use potato starch for thickening sauces and no dairy used in cooking. It is delicious.

[More ...]
No Replies
Dreamee Dog
Mon, 1 Jul 2019 16:45:24 -0400
It’s Christmas in July! The Yummee Yummee Team and the Dreamee Dog want you to enjoy all of our recipes for Simply Scrumptious goodies.
No Replies
Heather
Tue, 25 Jun 2019 19:21:30 +0000

Can anyone recommend an awesome GI that knows Celiac/EPI in the Spokane, WA/ Coeur d'Alene, ID area?
Thanks!
Heather

No Replies
medresearch
Fri, 14 Jun 2019 00:04:24 -0500

For those who are interested, it appears on their website that Freeda is
getting ready to relaunch their products.  I, for one, am looking
forward to them being available again.

https://freedavitamins.com/

No reply necessary, and I have no financial interest in this, just am a
user of their vitamins.

[More ...]
No Replies
Merline
Tue, 11 Jun 2019 12:42:16 -0700

II have Celiac. I have been drinking Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey for quite a while at night. A few weeks ago I developed red when exposed to heat and white when exposed to cold hands. They are VERY swollen, wrinkled and Very sensitive to touch and stiff especially in the early am. Gen Doc thinks Fireball caused a gluten exposure and hands and feet are swollen. Thinks hand might be neuropothy?
Have any of you drank Fireball and if so did you have any reactions?
+I am taking Lasix for fluids

[More ...]
No Replies
Dreamee Dog
Mon, 10 Jun 2019 15:45:08 -0400

Pregnant Women Who Eat More Fiber May Lower Child's Celiac Risk
Credit: Shutterstock

Mothers who eat a high-fiber diet in pregnancy may lower the risk of celiac disease in their children, a new study suggests.

The study researchers analyzed information from more than 88,000 Norwegian children and their mothers, who gave birth between 1999 and 2009. The mothers were asked about their fiber and gluten intake in their 22nd week of pregnancy, and the children were followed for about 11 years for a diagnosis of celiac disease.

[More ...]
No Replies
Bev Messner
Mon, 10 Jun 2019 18:25:31 +0000

Hi,I used Kinninnick Angel Food Mix, requiring only 12 eggs whites and vanilla.  I struggle with this and wonder if there is something I am doing wrong.  Sometimes it takes two tries to get it right.
My first one seemed like it came out okay, only to find that 10 minutes later it had shrunk and fallen out the pan.   The bake time was 30 to 35 minutes at 375.  I went 33 as it looked done.   Perhaps it was not??  It was edible but disappointing.
The second one went

[More ...]
No Replies
Karen Cockrell
Mon, 10 Jun 2019 13:15:45 -0500

Has anyone tried the ground cauliflower crust in GF pizza? I have
hesitated since cooked cauliflower is one vegetable that I really dislike.
Does making it into a pizza crust (or any of the other things that have
recently been touted as ground cauliflower) make it taste any better?
Thanks. I'll summarize.

[More ...]
No Replies
Chris Gralapp
Thu, 6 Jun 2019 21:58:50 -0700

There is a new-ish non-dairy milk on the market called Oatly--made, of
course, with oats.  I can get it at Whole Foods and at Target here in
CA.  They say 'Gluten Free' on the carton.  I really like the taste, but
each time I use it, I experience a reaction similar to a gluten
reaction.  I queried the company, and they said they use GF oats, and
test for gluten. So it should be safe--has anyone had a similar
experience with Oatly?  Thanks in advance,

[More ...]
No Replies
Christy Roberts
Thu, 6 Jun 2019 07:20:21 -0400

Hi All -
What I really am interested in is places to stay such as lodges, resorts, etc. where I could be accommodated on their dining/meal plans with a few possibilities of eating elsewhere.
Has anyone stayed at any of these?
Thanks again for your help.
Christy in PA

[More ...]
No Replies
Christy Roberts
Wed, 5 Jun 2019 11:46:45 -0400

Hi All,
I would like to vacation for a few days in the Poconos. I would want somewhere I could get safe gf meals, and welcome any experiences or suggestions you may have.
Thanks in advance,
Christy in PA

*******
*******
No Replies
Jan Crawford
Sun, 2 Jun 2019 23:26:30 -0400

Hi all...

I'm diagnosed Celiac 20 years ago. I'm feeling lots of aches/pains that appear to be muscular. I also have fevers and extreme pain in my fingers, mostly, about 1 time a week. The fevers usually go up only 2 degrees from my norm, but it's definitely noticeable to me. My muscles in my extremities feel SO weak, as the fever approaches, and after it subsides. Any ideas?

[More ...]
No Replies
Bob & Ruth's Gluten-Free Dining & Travel
Sat, 1 Jun 2019 20:29:43 -0400

There are only a few cabins still available for this fantastic Gluten-
free Getaway.  This is now sales pressure tactics, this is for real.
If you have interest in joining our group, we urge you to contact us
as soon as you can.

* * *  TULIPS & WINDMILLS RIVER BOAT CRUISE
April 17 ~ 27, 2020     THIS IS A GO ! !

[More ...]
No Replies
Dreamee Dog
Sat, 1 Jun 2019 19:39:41 -0400

The Yummee Yummee Team and the Dreamee Dog want you to enjoy all of our recipes for Simply Scrumptious goodies.

Hamburger Buns that won’t fall apart, but are soft as a pillow. Spicy Pepper Jack’s Crackers for summer road trips. S’mores on fresh baked Graham Crackers by a roaring bonfire. Sugardoodles are the ultimate soft sugar cookies. They will last for the week’s vacation by the lake, if you don’t eat them all first. Decadent Stone Fruit Cobbler Muffins to start your morning. Relax! It’s all gluten-free, but your family

[More ...]
No Replies
Mary Bourgrif
Sat, 1 Jun 2019 17:38:39 -0400

Several people were apparently unable to access the Washington Post article (used up their free allowances?) and asked me questions or asked me to summarize:

The restaurant in question was owned by the foundation that runs Colonial Williamsburg. It provided a period entertainment experience in addition to food.The boy was 11 at the time and was on a class trip for which he had paid the full cost and which was inclusive of a meal. He brought his own gluten free sandwich, which he attempted (or asked permission to?) eat

[More ...]
No Replies
Trina Astor-Stewart
Sat, 1 Jun 2019 14:19:16 -0400

Dear List Mates,

Hope you are all doing well. Welcome to my new gluten free food blog.

Below is a link to one of the articles.

https://glutenfreetrina.com/frustrated-with-gluten-free-baking/

Please let me know if you have any suggestions that you might like to see in
future blogs.

Best regards,

[More ...]
No Replies
Mary Bourgrif
Sat, 1 Jun 2019 00:55:14 -0400

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/a-boy-a-chicken-sandwich-and-a-federal-case-over-dinner-at-colonial-williamsburg/2019/05/31/4fc7763c-83d6-11e9-95a9-e2c830afe24f_story.html?utm_term=.0214d54e1937

No Replies
Lin Goldkrantz
Sun, 19 May 2019 07:58:51 -0400

Hard to believe it’s been a week since we returned from the Danube River
Cruise with Bob & Ruth’s Gf Travel & Dining.

From Budapest, through Austria, to Passau, Germany, the cruise was
delightful, despite rain, rain, rain. (Rained at home, too!) The Uniworld
staff was wonderful and personable. Very eager to please.

[More ...]
No Replies
Heather
Sat, 18 May 2019 20:47:51 +0000

Were going to Cincinnati for a couple days and are limited to carry on. Any low cost places for food? Bakeries I should check out?
Thanks!
Heather

No Replies
Heather
Sun, 5 May 2019 00:05:19 +0000

Glutino recently reformulated their white bread and not for the better, on appearance the slices look like foam and sadly it now tastes like it too. The texture reminds what of what memory foam probably feels like if you ate it. It also crumbles like the old style rice bread. I'm really bummed, I've been ok with their bread since Udi's changed their recipe but I won't be buying this again, its gross:(
Heather*who will be back to baking bread again

[More ...]
No Replies
Sara
Sat, 4 May 2019 13:51:39 -0400

Has anyone been to either casino and found a place to eat? I know eating out can be risky. Too many places now have GF menus with no clue as to the needs of a celiac.

Thanks.

Sara
*******
*******
No Replies
Dreamee Dog
Wed, 1 May 2019 21:36:24 -0400

The Yummee Yummee Team and the Dreamee Dog want you to enjoy all of our NEW recipes for Simply Scrumptious goodies.

Yummee Yummee has shared some brand new, never released recipes for you to enjoy this spring. This month, enjoy Chocolate Easter Bunny inspired treats and a burst of lemon flavor. Visit the home page for even more exciting new recipes today!

[More ...]
No Replies
Dreamee Dog
Sat, 20 Apr 2019 17:10:50 -0400

FYI.

"Even if a restaurant menu says an item is gluten free, new research says there's a good chance some gluten will end up on your plate. Thirty-two percent of restaurant foods labeled gluten-free contain gluten, according to a new study published in the American Journal of Gastroenterology."

[More ...]
No Replies
Phyllis Chinn
Fri, 19 Apr 2019 18:20:58 +0000

They're more like the Girl Scout version if you keep them in the refrigerator.

*******
*******
No Replies
Jack & Felice Cohen-Joppa
Thu, 18 Apr 2019 12:56:33 -0700

At the beginning of this month I posted the article by this title.
https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/lawsuit-gluten-gave-artist-permanent-injury-at-grand-canyon-hotel-11262838 <https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/lawsuit-gluten-gave-artist-permanent-injury-at-grand-canyon-hotel-11262838>
Four people replied, quoted here, and all kinda echoed each other and my own thoughts (bold emphasis is mine, although the entire responses are worth reading)
Jack
——
Thank you for sharing this article.
I ate at this restaurant twice last summer with total confidence in the waiter and kitchen. Happily, I was fine after both meals.
Personally, I wish folks wouldn’t sue restaurants because the negative publicity could possibly result in them no longer

[More ...]
No Replies
Phyllis Chinn
Wed, 17 Apr 2019 18:23:35 +0000

I made one this am and used half the cinnamon/sugar - it's delicious.  I can't imagine using all the sugar.

No Replies
Marshall Lasky
Thu, 11 Apr 2019 10:41:30 -0400

On April 9, I posted:
> I have been buying Conte’s GF frozen Ravioli for about 2 years and highly recommend it.
> The “Spinach & Cheese Ravioli” are particularly good. The GF Cheese Ravioli are also good, but we prefer the Spinach.
> They are more substantial and hold up much better in boiling water when cooking as well as having a better flavor.

[More ...]
No Replies
Marshall Lasky
Tue, 9 Apr 2019 22:08:25 -0400

Hi, all
I have been buying Cante’s GF frozen Ravioli for about 2 years and highly recommend it.

The “Spinach & Cheese Ravioli” are particularly good. The GF Cheese Ravioli are also good, but we prefer the Spinach.
The ravioli come in a heavy plastic bag, 12 ounces = 12 pieces, and require that you supply your own sauce, which I prefer to do.

[More ...]
No Replies
Lisa Dugger
Thu, 4 Apr 2019 19:13:03 -0400

I wanted to let everyone know that one of my all time favorite restaurants, Foothills Milling Company, in Maryville, TN, has new owners who are VERY gluten free aware! Foothills is a fine dining restaurant. Within the next week or so, nearly all items on the menu will be offered GF! They also have two other “50’s” restaurants locally and have had special training at each facility for employees. The food is phenomenal, the service even better, and now there are so many ‘safe’ options!

[More ...]
No Replies
Jack & Felice Cohen-Joppa
Tue, 2 Apr 2019 21:52:57 -0700

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/lawsuit-gluten-gave-artist-permanent-injury-at-grand-canyon-hotel-11262838 <https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/lawsuit-gluten-gave-artist-permanent-injury-at-grand-canyon-hotel-11262838>

Gluten in Soup at Grand Canyon's El Tovar Hotel Injured L.A. Man, Lawsuit Claims
RAY STERN | APRIL 2, 2019 | 6:30AM

A Los Angeles artist visiting Grand Canyon suffered a "permanent" injury after consuming French onion soup at the El Tovar Hotel restaurant that a chef said was gluten-free, a new lawsuit claims.

[More ...]
No Replies
Dreamee Dog
Mon, 1 Apr 2019 20:26:22 -0400

Happy Easter from the Yummee Yummee Team and the Dreamee Dog. Enjoy all of our NEW recipes for Simply Scrumptious goodies.

Yummee Yummee has shared some brand new, never released recipes for you to enjoy this spring. This month, enjoy Chocolate Easter Bunny inspired treats. Visit the home page for even more exciting new recipes today!

[More ...]
No Replies
Bob & Ruth's Gluten-Free Dining & Travel
Mon, 1 Apr 2019 11:09:49 -0400

* * * TULIPS & WINDMILLS RIVER BOAT CRUISE
April 17 ~ 27, 2020 THIS IS A GO ! !

This cruise is on the top of many travelers Bucket List. Cruising
along the Rhine River from Antwerp to Amsterdam stopping at a
plethora of UNESCO Designated sites along the way, and visiting
Keukenhof - known as the "Garden of Europe". For a limited time
each year visitors get to view the blossoming of the magnificent
gardens of over 7 million Tulip and Hyacinth bulbs planted over
79 acres.

[More ...]
No Replies
Phyllis Chinn
Fri, 29 Mar 2019 20:21:08 +0000

Cinnamon Crumb Cake - several people said it was greatFrozen Waffles - 1 said they were goodBlueberry Muffns- 2 said they were good - one responded they were not convenientLemon Cake - 1 goodSeveral people responded that everything they tried was goodCorn bread - 2 responded it was goodOne person said the products left an aftertasteBrownies - 1 responded she put them in cupcake liners and frosted themCinnamon muff - 1 responded they were great
I lived in the Dallas area and haven't seen most of these products or maybe

[More ...]
No Replies
John Graham
Thu, 28 Mar 2019 21:05:28 -0400

My teen celiac daughter has been enjoying these for several months. They
come sealed in a plastic tray and are pre-sliced. We found them at some of
the local Walmarts that have a Gluten Free section.

We first got the Ancient Grain bread, but now Walmart is carrying the
Country White bread instead. She likes both of them. We store them at
room temperature and they have amazing shelf life.

[More ...]
No Replies
Pam Newbury
Thu, 28 Mar 2019 15:04:17 -0700

We are heading to Washington DC next week for vacation. Any outstanding
gluten-free friendly restaurant recommendations? We will be staying at the
Capitol Holiday Inn downtown.

We are also going for a day trip to Mount Vernon. Anyone have any experience
with the dining on-site?

[More ...]
No Replies
Phyllis Chinn
Thu, 28 Mar 2019 16:50:49 +0000

I'll summarize - thanks.

No Replies
Nancy Uding
Tue, 26 Mar 2019 14:02:17 -0700

Hello all,
My daughter has celiac disease and recently was given 2 new prescriptions.
The pharmacist could not find either of these on a list of know GF
medications. Any suggestions as to what she should do next? She's going to
call the drug manufacturer and ask if they are GF, and she's going to take
a picture of the ingredients to show me. But any helpful ideas are welcome.
Best regards,
Nancy
p.s. please - no snarky answers

[More ...]
No Replies
medresearch
Thu, 21 Mar 2019 04:30:09 -0500

I received two comments from other customers who were as perplexed as
myself.  Today a friend in Ohio who runs a natural food coop sent me
this announcement

she recieved from Freeda concerning their vitamins so I am passing it along.

Thank you for your input.

[More ...]
No Replies
Phyllis Chinn
Wed, 13 Mar 2019 22:45:38 +0000

Does anyone know if it's gf?  I've called the company several times and the message is always the same - "we're closed - please call back later".  thanks.

*******
*******
No Replies
Phyllis Chinn
Wed, 13 Mar 2019 20:15:40 +0000

I bought a box (freezer section).  Mostly dough - very little meat and it was $5 for two

*******
*******
No Replies
Phyllis Chinn
Wed, 13 Mar 2019 16:43:42 +0000

I only had one response - Fuzzy's Taco - a fast food not very good restaurant.  Disappointing

*******
*******
Show Replies 1 Reply
medresearch
Mon, 11 Mar 2019 23:54:54 -0500

Greetings to my friends on this list.  It is nice to back after being
away for a while.

I have been using Freeda vitamins from freedavitamins.com for some years
because they are gluten

and additive free and Feingold approved.  When I went to the website to
order, it is not running.

[More ...]
No Replies
Phyllis Chinn
Sun, 10 Mar 2019 18:59:18 +0000

Either in Richardson, TX or Plano, TX?  Thanks - I'll summarize

No Replies
Rhonda Reid
Sat, 9 Mar 2019 14:39:06 -0500

Hello to all listmates,

We recently returned from winter getaway trip to Florida. We stayed mostly in Clearwater area.
We found many great smaller groceries.
Earth Origins
Natures's Food Patch
Rolling Oats
Lucky's Market
As to restauants:
Leafy Greens
Cider Press
Craft Kafe
O'Hanas in Dunedin lunch and dinner
Serendipity Cafe in Dunedin
for amazing fluffy english muffins and vegan pancakes
My favorite brunches-- an all gluten free restaurant.

[More ...]
No Replies
Dorothy Billig
Fri, 8 Mar 2019 09:32:44 -0800

My doctor put me on a new prescription Olmesartan 40mg MFG Glenmark and I need to find out if its gluten, dairy and lactose free. I appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you in advance. It is not on the list glutenfreedrugs.com <http://glutenfreedrugs.com/>. D0rothy Billig e-mail address [log in to unmask]
*******
*******
No Replies
Bob & Ruth's Gluten-Free Dining & Travel
Fri, 1 Mar 2019 22:42:22 -0500

* * * TULIPS & WINDMILLS RIVER BOAT CRUISE
April 17 ~ 27, 2020   THIS IS A GO ! !

This cruise is on the top of many travelers Bucket List.  Cruising along
the Rhine River from Antwerp to Amsterdam stopping at a plethora of
UNESCO Designated sites along the way, and visiting Keukenhof -
known as the "Garden of Europe". For a limited time each year visitors
get to view the blossoming of the magnificent gardens of over 7 million
bulbs planted over 79 acres.

[More ...]
No Replies
Dreamee Dog
Fri, 1 Mar 2019 15:35:20 -0500

Celebrate Spring with the Yummee Yummee Team and the Dreamee Dog. Enjoy all of our NEW recipes for Simply Scrumptious goodies. Pack a picnic lunch and head to the park on a warm spring day. Bake some gluten-free goodies before that expected warm day.

[More ...]
No Replies
Phyllis Chinn
Mon, 25 Feb 2019 00:08:51 +0000

No Replies
Phyllis Chinn
Sun, 24 Feb 2019 23:29:17 +0000

It's a 4- pack and really good - lemon is my favorite.  Usually $1 for a 4-pack.

No Replies
Dorothy Billig
Sat, 23 Feb 2019 15:19:10 -0800

I asked the list for help with a new prescription from my doctor whether or not it was gluten and dairy free. I received many replies from all of you and most told me to check out www.glutenfreedrugs.com ., but my prescription was not listed there. I than received an email from Pharmacist Stephen Plogstead and he told me my prescription ingredients are corn, potato starch, but no gluten, lactase or dairy. I want to thank you all for being so helpful, I certainly appreciated it. This is a wonderful

[More ...]
No Replies
Sara
Sat, 23 Feb 2019 08:19:56 -0500

Hello. I was wondering if anyone has been to Ft. Meyers and can share some restaurants that can accommodate GF for celiac. I have not found much in my searches. Thanks.

Sara
No Replies
Cheryl Green
Fri, 22 Feb 2019 17:08:03 -0800

Hello Listmates,
We are considering taking a trip to New Zealand. Not yet certain exactly where we will be visiting. Wondering if navigating New Zealand on a gluten free diet is easy or difficult. If anyone has had any recent experiences traveling gluten free to New Zealand I would be most appreciative of any information you can share. Thank you in advance!

[More ...]
No Replies
Phyllis Chinn
Thu, 21 Feb 2019 21:26:57 +0000

Just bought one at Walmart - it says gf on the back.

No Replies
Phyllis Chinn
Thu, 21 Feb 2019 21:21:57 +0000

Thanks to all of you - guess I got an old bag - just bought a new one and it says gf on the back.

No Replies
Phyllis Chinn
Wed, 20 Feb 2019 22:30:30 +0000

Does anyone know if they are gf?  Thanks - Iooked at their website but got an error.

*******
*******
No Replies
Dorothy Billig
Mon, 18 Feb 2019 11:35:20 -0800

My doctor gave a new prescription for Metopr0lol 25 MG Tablets MFG by CITRON and the pharmacy could not tell me if it is gluten and dairy free. I called CITRON and no one answers. Would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance. Dorothy Billig email address [log in to unmask]
No Replies
Carol Guchek
Sun, 10 Feb 2019 16:05:19 -0500

Does anyone know where to get gluten free beignets and muffalatas in New
Orleans. I've made beignets but if I make them and take them on a plane, by
the time we'd eat them, they wouldn't be good any more. They're only good
fresh.

[More ...]
No Replies
Phyllis Chinn
Thu, 7 Feb 2019 23:31:15 +0000

It's not worth the price - doesn't have much flavor - I added some spicy chutney  - extremely high in sodium.

No Replies
Phyllis Chinn
Wed, 6 Feb 2019 00:23:05 +0000

Have any of you notice a strange smell from them?  - i fix them in the oven.

No Replies
Sara and Jason Vollmer
Fri, 1 Feb 2019 21:07:17 +0000

Thanks to everyone who responded with their New Orleans recommendations! : )

French Quarter:
Gumbo Shop (gf menu)
Muriel's (excellent but expensive)
Oyster House
Pelican Club

Other New Orleans recommendations:
Mellow Mushroom
Casamentos
Hi Volt Coffee
Juan's Flying Burrito.
GW Finn's
Palace Café
Emeril Lagasse’s Restaurants
Mr. Bs, Hilton Hotel the grilled oysters (just tell them no bread as you are gluten free), Commanders Palace
NOLAs
Ruth Chris
Mothers
Arnaud's Restaurant of New Orleans
R'evolution Restaurant
Deanie's Seafood
Brennan's (rootbeer marinated pork chop was recommended)

[More ...]
No Replies
Dreamee Dog
Fri, 1 Feb 2019 15:59:41 -0500

Happy Valentine’s Day from the Yummee Yummee Team and Dreamee Dog. Fall head over heals in love with NEW recipes for Simply Scrumptious gluten-free goodies.

Yummee Yummee has shared some brand new, never released recipes for you to enjoy this winter. This month, enjoy an assortment of rich chocolate treats. These decadent sweets are much better than any box of chocolates from the store! Visit the home page for these exciting new recipes today!

[More ...]
No Replies
Don Wiss
Fri, 1 Feb 2019 13:47:29 -0500

All 320 appetizer recipes are free of gluten, dairy, grains and beans:

http://paleofood.com/appetizers.htm

The site is now completely mobile friendly.

Don <donwiss.com>.

No Replies
Sandra Robins
Fri, 1 Feb 2019 16:29:44 +0000

NuGo Egg White Protein Bars are available now at a big discount! For a limited time, use code 20BOX to get NuGo Egg White at $20 per box plus free shipping in the USA.

These whole food bars with simple ingredients are certified gluten-free and Kosher Pareve with no soy or dairy.

[More ...]
No Replies
Bob & Ruth's Gluten-Free Dining & Travel
Thu, 31 Jan 2019 09:14:30 -0500

* * *  TULIPS & WINDMILLS RIVER BOAT CRUISE
April 17 ~ 27, 2020                       THIS IS A GO ! !

This cruise is on the top of many travelers Bucket List.  Cruising along
the Rhine River from Antwerp to Amsterdam stopping at a plethora of
UNESCO Designated sites along the way, and visiting Keukenhof -
known as the "Garden of Europe". For a limited time each year visitors
get to view the blossoming of the magnificent gardens of over 7 million
bulbs planted over 79 acres.

[More ...]
No Replies
Francine Siegel
Wed, 30 Jan 2019 15:18:33 -0500

I will check out Find my friends gluten free app and all the various apps I have but wanting to know any personal experience with dining or restaurants on Captive, Sanibel or close proximity. I have celiac so needs to be restaurants aware of cross contamination, etc.

[More ...]
No Replies
Christy Roberts
Tue, 29 Jan 2019 11:45:47 -0500

Hi All -
I recently purchased the 78% dark chocolate bar and found that it now says "may contain wheat".
Previous bars did not say this.
Nutrition facts also reveal that it now contains more much saturated fat, more calories and more sugar!
Why the change in formulation I can't imagine and why to a less nutritious one.
A call to the company just said they would relay my complaint, and that while it does not really contain wheat there is always the possibility of contamination.
I'm off in search

[More ...]
No Replies
Gmail
Sun, 27 Jan 2019 21:05:41 -0500

Looking for recos. Best combo of food options for gluten free, activities for teens and value for the money.

Thanks...
Brian
No Replies
Phyllis Chinn
Sun, 27 Jan 2019 00:37:59 +0000

Just had one - over a half an hour on pizza stone the crust was ok - the sauce was boring - like plain tomato sauce

No Replies
Rhonda Reid
Sat, 19 Jan 2019 14:48:59 -0500

I asked about Tampa area and Interlakin Florida locations a few days ago. I forgot to include Pensacola for our trip. Any suggestions for dining are appreciated. I will summarize. Everyone be safe with these winter storms. Thank you Rhonda Reid

[More ...]
No Replies
Lin Goldkrantz
Fri, 18 Jan 2019 10:03:56 -0500

Just got a call back from baker.

She said there are a number of celiac clients who seek her out for her gf
cakes. She has food allergies and carries an epipen. Takes food allergies
seriously. She’s very careful with gluten free.

She does bake regular cakes, but the GF ones are baked separately, not at
same time, and she “cleans the mixer to FDA standards.”

[More ...]
No Replies
Rhonda Reid
Thu, 17 Jan 2019 21:05:04 -0500

I am traveling to Clearwater, Tampa area and Interlaken Florida in February. Anyone have suggestions for groceries and restaurants? I will be happy to summarize. Everyone take care out there. Thank you, Rhonda Reid

No Replies
Phyllis Chinn
Wed, 16 Jan 2019 16:45:33 +0000

There are hundreds of them - they own several different companies

No Replies
Lynne Mircheff
Tue, 15 Jan 2019 13:23:53 -0800

I know I can’t eat any oats—gf or not—without a reaction, and other people are the same. In Australia and New Zealand oats are not considered gluten free because they have the gluten protein avenin. See below:
https://www.ceres.co.nz/blog/no-oats-are-not-gluten-free-heres-why/
NO, OATS ARE NOT GLUTEN FREE – HERE’S WHY

[More ...]
No Replies
chufford
Tue, 15 Jan 2019 12:42:19 -0500

It's Complicated: Oats Safe For Celiacs Are "Produced Under A Gluten-Free
Protocol" Thanks in advance to Tricia Thompson, Gluten-Free Watchdog. Read
the detailed information on gluten-free oats that are safe for celiacs here:
https://www.glutenfreewatchdog.org/ <https://www.glutenfreewatchdog.org/>

To oversimplify/summarize, with the exception of Quaker Oats products, any
product containing optical machine-sorted oats, is not consistently safe
for celiacs. For example these very popular retail products can and do
contain levels of gluten UNSAFE FOR CELIACS [frequently over 20ppm]:
gluten-free Bob's Red Mill, McCann's, gluten-free Cheerios, gluten-free
Lucky Charms. Gluten-free and certified gluten-free

[More ...]
No Replies
Christy Roberts
Mon, 14 Jan 2019 17:20:18 -0500

Thank you for the many replies I received.
Too many to itemize but in summary it seems most people are using the gf oats but insist it should be labeled "certified gf"
The majority use Bob's Red Mill. Others mentioned included Gluten Freeda, Gift of Nature, Gluten Free Harvest, Trader Joe's, McCann's as well as some even use Cheerios(make sure it says gluten free) and Quaker.

[More ...]
No Replies
Lin Goldkrantz
Sat, 12 Jan 2019 10:51:16 -0500

My son sent us two gluten free key lime cakes from Key West First Legal Rum
Distillery. He intentionally ordered the gf ones, but they came with a
warning about cross contamination. They told him they take gf seriously.

Anyone have experience? Box says Chef Distilled in Key West FLA. Says no gf
in several places, but the warning scares me.

[More ...]
No Replies
Christy Roberts
Sat, 12 Jan 2019 08:55:53 -0500

Hi all -
Do many of you use gf oat cereal? If so, which brands do you trust the most?
It has been recommended that I use it for soluble fiber but have not tried any oats since my celiac diagnosis.
I am also seeing a lot of items labeled gf that use oat flour. Any bad reactions to this?
I had some inadvertently last summer and did not have any noticeable reaction.
Thanks for your help.
Christy in PA

[More ...]
No Replies
Mary Ferland
Wed, 9 Jan 2019 18:14:38 -0700

>> Yesterday I checked the section at Safeway here in Arizona where several gf products are located. I saw new packages of cookie wafers on the shelf right between 2 Glutino packages of cookies. Took a look and after reading the ingredients was shocked to see that they contained wheat flour. I spoke to the manager who said this was not a gluten free section so any item can be placed there. I tried to explain how dangerous that is to celiacs to place them right between two gf items.

[More ...]
No Replies
Phyllis Chinn
Mon, 7 Jan 2019 15:42:33 +0000

I've had 21 responses and all of them were positive except one - that person threw the bread away and ate the meat.  Can't wait to try it since it's only a mile from me.

No Replies
Shirley Curtis
Sun, 6 Jan 2019 18:50:02 -0500

GI doctor or dermatologist who can test for dermatitis herpetiformis.

Am asking for a friend. Thanks.

No Replies
Lisa M
Sun, 6 Jan 2019 16:28:21 -0600

I'd asked for recommendations for grocery stores and restaurants in Las
Vegas, NV, and Kingman and Sedona, AZ. I received the following. Thank
you all, I greatly appreciate your responses!

In general it was recommended to:
* google the town and gluten free
* 2 recommended using the "Find Me Gluten Free" app

[More ...]
No Replies
Phyllis Chinn
Sun, 6 Jan 2019 20:21:42 +0000

It comes in a box - says gf on the front and it's very thick - not like the other runny ones.

No Replies
Phyllis Chinn
Sun, 6 Jan 2019 00:33:23 +0000

Have any of you tried them?   They have a huge  sign on their door that they sell gf subs?  I'll summarize.

No Replies
Dreamee Dog
Tue, 1 Jan 2019 21:06:02 -0500

Happy New Year from the Yummee Yummee Team and Dreamee Dog. Make a New Year’s Resolution you can keep with NEW recipes for Simply Scrumptious goodies.

Yummee Yummee has shared some brand new, never released recipes for you to enjoy this winter. This month, enjoy rich chocolate treats, cherry sweets, and a twist on the classic Candy Cane. Visit the home page for these exciting new recipes today!

[More ...]
No Replies
Cheryl Green
Tue, 1 Jan 2019 17:03:11 -0800

Hello Listserve Friends,

I am looking for recommendations for restaurants in Manhattan, New York that are gluten free or can cook gluten free for someone with Celiac. We will be staying near the Chelsea area and will also be in the theatre district. Happy to travel to other areas for something particularly worthwhile as well. As always, your expert guidance is truly appreciated.

[More ...]
No Replies
Bob & Ruth's Gluten-Free Dining & Travel
Tue, 1 Jan 2019 00:39:33 -0500

!  !  !   H   A   P   P   Y       N   E   W      Y   E   A   R   ! !  !

* * We   NEED   your participation   ASAP   to make this
Luxurious ALL-INCLUSIVE River Boat Cruise a go !

If we do not have 20 guests by    January 18, 2019    we will have
to cancel this trip.  If you are at all interested call us soon

[More ...]
No Replies
Greta deWolf
Fri, 28 Dec 2018 11:31:32 -0500

I would like to promote research on biotin and celiac disease. Below is
my post from my Facebook page. Please feel free to find my Facebook page
and share.

https://www.wilx.com/content/news/Popular-beauty-supplement-can-lead-to-life-threatening-misdiagnoses-503571031.html

This is interesting. Nick always gets cracks in the skin of his fingers
in the winter. I always thought it was from swimming. I went to look in
Meijers for something to put on his fingers before swimming. I found a
nail protectant using biotin. I went to the supplement section and found a
bottle of biotin. As he has

[More ...]
No Replies
Lisa M
Thu, 27 Dec 2018 09:59:30 -0600

Hello everyone,

There was a death in the family this summer and my sister is flying out
with our mom to Las Vegas and driving two hours to Kingman, AZ, to wrap up
some final business.

They will be spending time in Las Vegas, Kingman and a day in Sedona.

[More ...]
No Replies
Phyllis Chinn
Thu, 27 Dec 2018 00:26:34 +0000

They'd disappeared from the store in N  Dallas - have any of you had the same problem?

No Replies
Phyllis Chinn
Tue, 25 Dec 2018 17:48:40 +0000

I decided to try it yesterday - I oiled the pie pan and it still stuck.  So I scooped it out and served it with cool whip - delicious.  I may never bake it with a crust again.

No Replies
JMH
Mon, 24 Dec 2018 02:09:26 +0000

Does anyone know of gluten free restaurants in this area of London?
Thanks in advance
Judith
Fort Worth

No Replies
Holly McCollam
Sun, 23 Dec 2018 16:05:59 -0500

Hello & Merry Christmas,

Wondering if anyone is familiar with safe places that are familiar with gluten free in Jaco, Costa Rica?

Thank you,
Holly
No Replies
Phyllis Chinn
Wed, 19 Dec 2018 01:27:45 +0000

Once a Year Cream Cheese Ice Cream

8 oz cream cheese, softened3/4 cup white sugar1 cup cold sour cream1 cup whipping creampinch salt4 Tbsp fresh lemon juicegrated zest of one lemon1 tsp. vanilla

Chill mixing bowl and beaters of mixer.  In the bowl, beat the cream cheese at mediumspeed until soft and smooth.  Graduallyadd the sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.  Beat in sour cream and then the whippingcream.  Add the salt, lemon zest, lemonjuice, vanilla, and beat until thick and smooth.  Cover

[More ...]
No Replies